La Sirena Trident — 7 x 50
Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Factory: My Father Cigars S.A.
Wrapper: Habano
Binder: Nicaraguan Criollo 98 & Corojo 96
Filler: Nicaragua
Smoked before review, 5
Resting time: 2 months

The boxes are made to look sort of like treasure boxes to go along with the Mermaid theme, with a slightly domed top and my wife loves the major band surrounding the trident

There are six different vitolas in the La Sirena lineup so far:
La Sirena Prince — 5 x 50
La Sirena Divine — 5 1/2 x 52
La Sirena Trident — 7 x 50
La Sirena Sea Sprite — 5 1/2 x 42
La Sirena King Poseidon — 6 x 60
La Sirena A — 9 1/4 x 48

Prelight: deep cocoa and chocolate, leather and cedar
Construction is impeccable, the first box I got of the King Poseidon 6 x 60 has a disappointing 30% cracked wrappers that I got from Atlantic cigars, could be that there storage practice was bad to find so many bad ones, but of corse they where still tasty.

1st 1/3
Blast of pepper that settles down fast to a deep cocoa and chocolate, much like the prelight aroma
Wood and a sour fruit note emerge with eagerness and complement the cocoa and chocolate flavors
There is a nice sweetness underneath that is gaining strength as the first third progresses
The draw and smoke output are perfect

2nd 1/3
Dominate notes are still the dark chocolate, leather, cedar. I still can’t identify the fruit I am tasting, but it is still sweet and sour at different points. Construction is still great as the strength increase to full by the end of the second third.
La Sirena is famous for being a full strength cigar but you are reward with a very flavorful stick

Final 1/3
Tangy flavors of spice and a tame pepper are present and complement the wonderful cocoa and sweet notes of the elusive fruit notes of sore and sweet.
The back story of the company in very interesting with a women owner Arielle Ditkowich and the cigars being on the full side in a pleasant surprise

Smoking time: 1 25 min
9.5 out of 10

Smokes similar too……

Kristoff Ligero Maduro
L'Atelier Maduro
Intemperance BA XXI
CroMagnon
Aquitaine
Ramon Bueso Genesis
Ashton VSG
Undercrown
[Reply]
Zane 07:27 PM 06-22-2014
I have met her a few times. She is awesome. The sea sprite is the best size.
[Reply]
TXSmokey 07:45 PM 06-22-2014
Awesome review as always :-)
I have a La Siren A resting in my humi, that I got on cbid.
She was on Cigar Obsession awhile back, you can check her out on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJiHRF0hRsk
[Reply]
Outlaw God 10:29 PM 06-22-2014
Originally Posted by Zane:
I have met her a few times. She is awesome. The sea sprite is the best size.
I need to get a few of the sea sprite's also, love this hobby :-)
Thanks
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 04:28 PM 06-23-2014
Nice review! Was curious about these, but never got around to trying them. Seems I must correct that.
[Reply]
2GuysSmokeShop 07:31 AM 06-24-2014
Don't know if you guys know but My Father is no longer making the cigar for La Sirena. The new version from Espinosa Cigars will be released at the trade show.
[Reply]
Zane 07:37 AM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by 2GuysSmokeShop:
Don't know if you guys know but My Father is no longer making the cigar for La Sirena. The new version from Espinosa Cigars will be released at the trade show.

Barry! I listened to her interview on stogie geeks and she had stated it was getting completely reblended.
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:42 AM 06-24-2014
There was nothing wrong with the blend. I've had only one, a robusto I think, but it was friggin' good.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 08:38 PM 06-24-2014
I've come to love this brand and now she's going to change it :-)
O well, I trust she'll do a good job on the re-blending
[Reply]
CRIMPS 08:51 PM 06-24-2014
Thanks for the review and pics. That band is pretty cool.
[Reply]
Outlaw God 08:57 PM 06-24-2014
Originally Posted by CRIMPS:
Thanks for the review and pics. That band is pretty cool.
The wife loves the bands on these stick over all the ones I've smoked, must be a female thing with the designer being a women :-)
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 07:23 PM 06-25-2014
The A size was fantastic. I want to say that the A is a slightly tweaked blend from the other sizes. I may be spouting nonsense but I read that somewhere.
[Reply]
smokinbelicoso#9 10:20 AM 07-14-2014
Excellent review! The Dubloon is my favorite size. Smokes similar to the Trident with a touch more black pepper notes from the extra filler.
[Reply]
RobR1205 01:43 PM 07-14-2014
Bought a fiver of the Sea Sprites a couple years ago...quite good from what I remember!
[Reply]
Zane 05:45 PM 07-14-2014
Originally Posted by TJtorpedo:
The A size was fantastic. I want to say that the A is a slightly tweaked blend from the other sizes. I may be spouting nonsense but I read that somewhere.

You are correct. The A uses a habano wrapper.
[Reply]
Up