Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Old Henry Maduro
badbriar 09:40 PM 06-05-2014
Old Henry Maduro Corona 5.5 x 54, small package of goodness! This cigar is available exclusively from Holt's Cigar Co. and is made by Don Pepin Garcia. Lot of somewhat sweet, dark, earthy aromas come from this stick prior to torching. Draw proved to be ideal with a slight bit of resistance that loosened up slightly as the cigar heated up. Burn was flawless as well. Initial 1/4 inch or so on every one I've had was on the rough side. Patience payed off, as things quickly settled in and thereafter the stick was quite smooth. Full, dark, savory tobacco flavors abound with expresso and coffee flavors appearing. After the first half, the mild sweetness subsides a bit and appears in the background. Savory, almost hickory toasted wood flavors appear with the other dark flavors. This is in a good way - the flavors are honestly good! Interesting thing is that this cigar just stays lit. Put it down to do something and 5 minutes later, still going. Flavors seem to concentrate even more when it is left alone for a couple of minutes. This is a truly damn good stick at an awesome price point. Definitely worth stocking.
Holts is offering free shipping on all orders until the 13th and with these cigars at a 20 spot for a 6pack, helluva deal! I just stocked up!
Seriously recommended! :-)
RR
[Reply]
pnoon 10:41 PM 06-05-2014
The Old Henry's are tasty smokes.
I have only had the natural but enjoyed them.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:33 AM 06-06-2014
Yep, these are tasty! I first heard about them here at CA.
[Reply]
baust55 09:31 AM 06-06-2014
I will have to get a few to try I just got a Mazo of 15 Rocky Patel Edge toro 2nds for $29.95 free shipping from holts .

Nice $2 sticks.

AUSTIN
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 09:42 AM 06-06-2014
Originally Posted by baust55:
I will have to get a few to try I just got a Mazo of 15 Rocky Patel Edge toro 2nds for $29.95 free shipping from holts .

Nice $2 sticks.

AUSTIN
They have them in the "Six-pack to go" section and with the free shipping until the 13th (Holt's shipping is normally a little pricey to me) it's definitely worth picking some up to try.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 12:12 PM 06-06-2014
Just ordered a six pack of these. Looking forward to trying them out!
[Reply]
Steve 12:28 PM 06-06-2014
Love 'em...
[Reply]
Tio Gato 05:46 AM 06-16-2014
One of my favorites. I like the maduro best. Yummy goodness that reminds me of the regular La Aroma de Cuba.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 02:20 PM 07-09-2014
Tried my first Old Henry Maduro last night and found my experience to be very similar to Rob's review here. These are great cigars, and it definitely earned a place in my Maduro rotation.
[Reply]
Ratters 07:39 PM 07-22-2014
Always enjoyed those, especially that size. :-)
[Reply]
Up