Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Joya De Nicaragua Antano
badbriar 07:39 PM 05-30-2014
Quick review on the Joya De Nicaragua Antano 1970 Lancero 7.5 x 38.
First off, there was an issue with the construction. The cap began to unwrap even before cutting. I hoped this was not some kind of omen and decided not to have any high expectations. Not much aroma or cold draw taste - expectations lowered more. Torching and lighting were straightforward, draw as a bit on the tight side. Figures! Very first draw yielded amazingly stout flavor rush which was quite strong and bold. Wellllll...things were proving to look up a lot there. Burn stayed relatively well behaved, but did need a few touch-ups here & there. Flavors settled and became creamy, but stayed ultra bold throughout and did change several times. One helluva good cigar! Very deep, dark, bold aged tobacco with some coffee flavors. Later on, cedar and earthiness came in. Tha flavor never faded or got bitter. Toward the very end, the Lancero got a bit hot for me, but otherwise, the Lancero was a sure winner. Very difficult to decide which is better- the JDN Antano 1970 or the JDN Dark Corojo. Best not to choose and have them both! Superb for lovers of honestly strong & bold sticks. One of the better cigars out there, regardless of cost. Just my :-)!
Highly recommended! :-)
RR
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 07:50 PM 05-30-2014
Nice review!
[Reply]
jhedrick83 09:22 PM 05-30-2014
Great review. :-) I love the Alisado (toro) size, for a while the monster had them 10 for $33 from time to time.
[Reply]
4WheelVFR 08:15 PM 07-08-2014
Just had an Antano the other night. Always a good stick that never disappoints, and occasionally you get a ringer that is downright awesome.
[Reply]
Up