Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Reviews>Drew Estate releases
CoffeeWaterBeer 10:02 AM 10-09-2013
Has anyone jumped on them yet? Curious to hear what my fellow Inmates think.

I ran over to a B&M while grabbing lunch today and saw some tins but was reluctant to drop 17 smackers on one when they're much cheaper online. I still bought some things but that price3 seemed a bit overboard. The person working did let me crack a can to smell the Harvest blend, very nice aroma.
[Reply]
Zane 11:57 AM 10-09-2013
Originally Posted by CoffeeWaterBeer:
Has anyone jumped on them yet? Curious to hear what my fellow Inmates think.

I ran over to a B&M while grabbing lunch today and saw some tins but was reluctant to drop 17 smackers on one when they're much cheaper online. I still bought some things but that price3 seemed a bit overboard. The person working did let me crack a can to smell the Harvest blend, very nice aroma.
I grabbed a tin of the central park stroll. It was 15 bucks at my B&M. Same price as Dunhill. Will fire it up this weekend.
[Reply]
deadrise 09:27 PM 10-09-2013
the 7th ave blonde tasted great but does not like to stay lit I dried some a little and it lost a lot of taste.....
I just got a tin of the cps and it feels very wet soaking wet.........but smells great.....
[Reply]
DrDubzz 12:36 AM 10-15-2013
been out of the game for a bit, will have to check these out
[Reply]
Islayphile 10:46 AM 10-16-2013
I'm looking to try the Meat Pie
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 02:58 PM 10-16-2013
Spoke to a rep today and it looks like the gilded age reserve flake is going to be delayed do to an issue with its name so they are currently busy relabeling for a later release.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 10:35 PM 10-16-2013
Originally Posted by Hippi3Slay3r:
Spoke to a rep today and it looks like the gilded age reserve flake is going to be delayed do to an issue with its name so they are currently busy relabeling for a later release.

That's good news I guess. That was the only one out of the 8 that I really wanted. I was a bit pissed when my pre-order was cancelled. :-) At least C.I. gave me a $5 gift card
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 07:07 AM 10-25-2013
Snagged a tin of Harvest on Hudson from CI for 10 bones. VERY nice smoke. The apple is wonderful without being overpowering. Burned great as well without any dry time.
[Reply]
CoreyD 11:05 AM 11-01-2013
Smoked the meat pie yesterday at local B&M . I payed $18 for it . To me its a decent English blend however Last night was not in the mood and with over bearing latakia or perique taste I felt I have bunch of those kind of tins. Reminded me of a dunhill blend or c & D
Was an ok blend don't get me wrong. Full flavor but to me wasn't a wow factor worth almost $20
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:33 AM 11-01-2013
Its interesting to note the online price structure regarding DE pipe tobacco on the following two sites:

smokingpipes.com $8.45 per tin

pipesandcigars.com $11.99 per tin
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 12:52 PM 11-01-2013
P&C had it around $8.45 for pre-order for a long time.

I wouldn't be a bit shocked to see it end up in their "garage sale" section as a discontinued size next year back at the $8.45 price. :-)
[Reply]
CoreyD 07:19 AM 11-02-2013
So I had another bowl of meat pie last night and I tell you what. I could not put it down if I didn't have to go into work I would of packed another bowl. All night at work I was savoring that last few puffs and thinking how there was something delightfully unique about it. I did however buy a tin of harvest on Hudson and like the meat pie the first bowl was hmmm. Can't wait to see what the next bowl is like. Part of me is pondering the fact I was craving a bowl of meat pie so this one did not satisfy the smoking urge. Funny how mind plays tricks if you let it.
[Reply]
Hippi3Slay3r 04:25 PM 02-11-2014
Looks like the gilded age flake has been renamed Gatsby flake but I still can't find a release date? Anyone hear anything yet?
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 06:14 PM 02-11-2014
Haven't heard anything, not going to hold my breath, but I WILL buy one tin just to see if it is any good. I ended up giving away a large portion of the first 7 tins.
[Reply]
equetefue 06:38 PM 02-11-2014
Just bought their sampler. 7 1.76oz tins from the devil site. Should be here Friday. Let's see how good are they
[Reply]
hammondc 11:32 AM 03-07-2014
Originally Posted by equetefue:
Just bought their sampler. 7 1.76oz tins from the devil site. Should be here Friday. Let's see how good are they
Keep us posted. I am curious about this.
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 04:31 PM 09-11-2014
P&C has the D.E. Gatsby Luxury flake on sale at $9.36 a tin right now AND if you buy 2 tins, you get one free. That puts it at $6.24 a tin before shipping.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-t...-luxury-flake/

One thing I just noticed while looking at the tins is all they did was just stick a new label over the old Gilded Age Reserve Flake label. That makes we question why so long of a wait. The name & artwork have been done for months before they started selling the tins.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 07:58 PM 09-11-2014
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec:
P&C has the D.E. Gatsby Luxury flake on sale at $9.36 a tin right now AND if you buy 2 tins, you get one free. That puts it at $6.24 a tin before shipping.

http://www.pipesandcigars.com/pipe-t...-luxury-flake/

One thing I just noticed while looking at the tins is all they did was just stick a new label over the old Gilded Age Reserve Flake label. That makes we question why so long of a wait. The name & artwork have been done for months before they started selling the tins.
Regarding the DE Gatsby Luxury Flake, here are three reviews at the following:

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/7998/drew-estate-gatsby-luxury-flake
[Reply]
OnePyroTec 08:52 PM 09-11-2014
Thanks for the link Mark. From the sounds of the review the Gatsby Flake sounds about average nothing special...making the price coming out to $6.24 after special about right AND DE's best of the 8.

I also got another 100g tin of OSG so maybe I'll try them back to back for a comparison.
[Reply]
Up