Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>H. Upmann 1844 Reserve Toro Review
Outlaw God 02:12 PM 06-19-2013
$5. Cigarbid, retail $7+
6.0" x 54
Pre-light sweet tobacco and hay, nice dense weight to it, and felt comfortable in my hand.

1st 1/3 Dry pepper, medium to full, slightly hard draw, spiciness, leading into notes of leather and wood, some light cedar and cocoa, nice toothing on the wrapper.
Staying cool, straight burn, excellent construction, except for the slightly hard draw.

2nd 1/3.....
Going creamy, black pepper out now bit still on my tongue, getting a bit of caramel coming in, subtle malty sweetness.

Ash holding on well at 2+ inches, burning very cool....
Draw perfect now, love when a cigar burns straight without maintenance too....

Last 1/3.....
Easily the best part of this cigar.
Once the oils mingle, the flavors really started to come out.

The malty caramel sweetness came up, notes of coffee and dried fruit appeared, and the crisp pepper returned to the mix, a delicious and tasty combination.

I hate pepper but the way it mixed made it welcome.

Vitamin N making me a little loopy now, glad I had lunch....
An above average cigar worth visiting again, it's up there with some of my favorites.
Love it when a cigar surprises me like this.
1 hour 10 minute smoke
Give it a 7.5 out of 10 :-)

What beats it........
Perdomo Patriarch Maduro Toro
Alec Bradley Maxx The Fix
Man O' War Ruination Robusto #2
Ashton VSG
All AF Aņejo
Attached: P1090884.jpg (111.6 KB) 
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 07:54 PM 05-05-2014
Thanks for the review. This was my first cigar ever except it was in tube. Still high on my list.
[Reply]
makers_fiend 10:59 AM 07-19-2014
I had one of these a while bavk. It was a really good smoke, as far as I know. My problem is I can't find it in the only local controlled retail humidor. Sometimes I don't have the patience to wait for something that is closer to a daily smoker price to sit for 3 months...
[Reply]
Xolotal Mungin 02:14 PM 07-19-2014
Yeah, this is the reblend, I believe. I liked how they kept a classic profile, but updated it to more contemporary taste. I tried the corona, so not sure how that differs.
[Reply]
Up