Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Coffee Reviews>Ethiopia DP Jimma-Nigusie Lemma
DocLogic77 10:08 AM 09-05-2010
SM had this rated as a 94 so I grabbed 5 pounds of the green bean and roasted it FC+. I let it rest for a day before sampling. During the roast smells of cocoa and stewed fruit filled the air...very unusual roasting experience. I knew if it tasted as good as it smelled I would be in for a treat. First, impression was dried apricot...and it was bursting with this flavor...didn't have to go searching for it. It also tasted of nutty oils on a cocoa base. I noticed subtle background mixed fruit themes as I chewed the coffee.

I tend to be much tougher on coffee ratings then SM but 94 is very close. I would probably rate this coffee a 92...impressive lot and well worth a look.
[Reply]
althekillr 07:08 PM 12-10-2010
dang, looks like they are out. cbc has one but not sure if its the same batch.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 09:50 AM 02-21-2011
I tried something with this bean that really worked out. My wife was doing her first roast with the Behmor and wasn't used to roasting by ear. She pulled it right at first crack. I don't know about you guys but at city coffee tastes wild, and not much like coffee to me. But, distraught she let it sit, almost threw it out. I said, hey lets roast it again (after about an hour sitting). Hit p1 again, and brought it right to second crack.

We let it sit for a day. One of best roasts we have ever had.

Not sure why, or how but this bean when properly roasted is just off the charts good.
[Reply]
BSB 07:34 PM 02-21-2011
That is interesting, hmmm. I think I have some of this.
[Reply]
leauriartee 06:16 AM 11-30-2018
I think its intresitn things.
[Reply]
Up