Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Cain F "The Redeemer"
MajorCaptSilly 08:18 PM 07-01-2010
I've had the Cain Habano and Maduro and found them to be all form no substance. There was a deal on one of the sites for 10 of the Cain F for something like 39 bucks so I took the plunge. Lit one of the F's up tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Very solid medium-bodied smoke with a woodsy/chocalate flavor. Not real spicy and no big changes throughout but very enjoyable for me. It actually reminded me a bit of the Kristoff line. I wouldn't pay much more than I paid for the deal but it was much better than the other Cains I've had.

MCS
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:23 PM 07-01-2010
Glad you enjoyed Scott. I prefer the maduro...the Cain F didn't pack the same "punch" to me. I love that slap me in the face taste. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 09:42 PM 07-01-2010
I am loving the Cain F these days. A real winner in my book. Love the intensity...
[Reply]
jimmyk26 10:35 PM 07-01-2010
At first I wasn't a believer, but now that I have had these I think that the cain line is ligit. Thanks for posting, I am glad you have had a good experience. Your medium bodied comment is surprising because these have been full throttled for me so far.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 11:00 PM 07-01-2010
I love 'em... enjoying one RIGHT NOW with some 12 year-old Glenlivet.

Ahhhhhhhhh... :-)
[Reply]
Patrick B 11:37 PM 07-01-2010
I can't fathom this being considered anything less than full bodied. I know everyone's tastes are different but I can't think of any cigar stronger than this - T110's are close though.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 11:40 PM 07-01-2010
I loved the one and only original release Cain F I smoked that came in the 5-cigar box with no bands. Dare I say... it reminded me of the ISOM flavor profile. I have 3 boxes and am afraid to try another one as I'm sure the 2nd one won't live up to my memory of the first... I'm thinking it was just a great smoking experience more than the cigar, so I'm afraid to ruin it!?! LOL
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 04:50 AM 07-02-2010
I'll try another this weekend but they were on the full side of medium-bodied for me.

MCS
[Reply]
longknocker 05:14 AM 07-02-2010
I Have Some Resting, Need To Try One! Thanks For The Review, Scott!:-)
[Reply]
Pass 06:03 AM 07-02-2010
Thanks for the review! I've heard good things about the Cain lines. Since I like the Oliva O and V and the Nubs, I assume that I'll like the Cains. I have yet to try them. They are all still on my "get and test" list lol.
[Reply]
BigAsh 09:33 AM 07-02-2010
Nice.... Have some resting in the humi.... I'm putting one in my vacation rotation!
[Reply]
Ogre 10:26 AM 07-02-2010
I also love the "F" Maduro. Great stick!!!!
[Reply]
bobarian 11:29 AM 07-02-2010
Had one of these on Tuesday, not impressed. Lots of ligero but virtually tasteless. Lots of body but no substance. Wont be smoking another. :-)
[Reply]
cigarlvr 03:36 PM 07-02-2010
I like the Cain F but was disapointed it didnt have as much as a kick as I was looking for.
[Reply]
Ratters 03:44 PM 07-02-2010
Felt the kick but it had a decided lack of flavor. Maybe these will be good in time but I really didn't care for the two I had.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:46 PM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Had one of these on Tuesday, not impressed. Lots of ligero but virtually tasteless. Lots of body but no substance. Wont be smoking another. :-)
I have gotten the same impression with all the Cain's. I do think the F is the best of the three though.
[Reply]
whodeeni 03:55 PM 07-02-2010
Ohhhh shut up Patrick! Who asked you to "speak" anyway!:-)

*LMAO* What's up Buddy?:-)

Originally Posted by Patrick B:
I am loving the Cain F these days. A real winner in my book. Love the intensity...

[Reply]
whodeeni 04:01 PM 07-02-2010
Ummmm send "Me" all of your Maduro's ("Cain that is"....) and send
Mac the Habano's!:-)

Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
I've had the Cain Habano and Maduro and found them to be all form no substance. There was a deal on one of the sites for 10 of the Cain F for something like 39 bucks so I took the plunge. Lit one of the F's up tonight and was pleasantly surprised. Very solid medium-bodied smoke with a woodsy/chocalate flavor. Not real spicy and no big changes throughout but very enjoyable for me. It actually reminded me a bit of the Kristoff line. I wouldn't pay much more than I paid for the deal but it was much better than the other Cains I've had.

MCS

[Reply]
Dunkel 04:13 PM 07-02-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
not impressed. Lots of ligero but virtually tasteless. Lots of body but no substance. :-)
This man speaks the truth
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 04:43 PM 07-02-2010
And they made a cain f nub? Ahhh best of both worlds. Bob, I will get one and we could do a ppp. These, along with the rest of the Cains, just didn't have that "taste" to impress me.
[Reply]
Up