Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurado
Montano 01:46 PM 12-30-2009
This was my afternoon smoke, and it was perfect to wind down after a long day. I paired it with a glass of Johnny Walker Black.

Pre-light gave off a nice cedar aroma. The cigar was well built and I couldn't wait to light it.

It starts off with a nutty flavor. A good amount of smoke from an easy draw. Burn is a little off, but corrects itself.

The second 3rd brings about a light spice, with a bit of cedar mixed in. The burn is nice and slow and I'm enjoying it.

The spice continues in the last 3rd. It get's a bit more noticeable, the further along I get. Nothing too strong but you know it's there.

I would consider this a mild-medium smoke. It lasted just over an hour and a half. The burn was nice and slow and I just took my time and enjoyed it.
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:54 PM 12-30-2009
Thanks for the review! This is another of my favorites -- one of my first premium cigars and I went through many boxes of them!
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:30 PM 12-30-2009
Nice review...I love the maduro version of this stick. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 04:45 PM 12-30-2009
Looks like a Flechas natural, correct?

Both the Felicias and Flechas maduros used to be fantastic cigars (and much stronger/fuller than you allude to). Now, I say used to, because I haven't bought any in years, and Ernesto has since left General Cigar, so I dunno what they are like now.
[Reply]
Giant & 49er Fan 05:35 PM 12-30-2009
Thanks for the review Nick. Myself and Scott (TripleF) really enjoy the maddy version.
[Reply]
BlackIrish 03:25 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Nice review...I love the maduro version of this stick. :-)
Originally Posted by T.G:

Both the Felicias and Flechas maduros used to be fantastic cigars (and much stronger/fuller than you allude to). Now, I say used to, because I haven't bought any in years, and Ernesto has since left General Cigar, so I dunno what they are like now.
Originally Posted by RPguy:
Thanks for the review Nick. Myself and Scott (TripleF) really enjoy the maddy version.
Yessir, the maduro version is scrumptious. Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
roughrider 10:12 PM 12-31-2009
Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 10:33 PM 12-31-2009

Dont quote me on this, but I heard that even thought Ernesto left, the blends are still the same.
[Reply]
T.G 11:12 PM 12-31-2009
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
Dont quote me on this, but I heard that even thought Ernesto left, the blends are still the same.
Kinna sorta.

The base RF blend essentially stayed the same, but it was tweaked each year for the variances in the crops that were being used (this really isn't any different than how many hundreds of other cigar blends are treated). Additionally, Ernesto used to pick all of the RF leaves himself, so with him and his knowledge, experience and vision gone, they might or might not be on the same level as they were when he supervised things. Now, it's possible that whomever he trained to take over for him might be able to carry the torch, so to speak, just as well as he did. Or maybe not. Only after a few more releases can that be determined.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 11:03 AM 03-07-2011
I enjoyed one of these last night. One thing I noticed is that this is not a tight stick, but VERY soft throughout. I enjoyed the cigar, creamy smooth, nutty and with some nutmeg. I would definitely smoke one of these again.
[Reply]
sevans105 07:57 PM 03-03-2012
Enjoying my first one of these. Agree many of the other posts...Easy burn...mild med...lots of very nice flavors. Will add this to my "to acquire" list.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 02:02 AM 03-04-2012
I have a bunch of the maduros in my humi; fine smokes and only get better with age.
:-)
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 08:22 AM 03-04-2012
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
ColdCuts 05:23 PM 06-29-2014

The photos in the original post are gone, I suppose because this is an ancient thread. But I had a Felicias maduro the other night that had been in my humidor since probably 2006. It was a gorgeous looking, beautifully constructed figurado measuring, says their website, 4.875" and 49 ring. The cigar was firm throughout with a perfect draw and no burn issues that didn't correct themselves. But for me, the Felicias was what I'd call a full-bodied cigar. It had a pleasant wood and baker's-chocolate aroma, but on the palate mine was overwhelmingly black pepper. Not a cigar I'd likely reach for again. Too spicy for my tastes. Of course, YMMV.
[Reply]
Up