Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Palio Replacement Options?
kelmac07 06:08 PM 11-08-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
I have the newer Palio and the ends of my sliders are doing the same. I swapped out my old one cux the rails would seperate, now this isse. I need to see about sending it in as there are no Palio dealers near me as well.
Your favorite store "Bonds" is an autorized Palio dealer.
[Reply]
Kreth 06:42 AM 11-09-2009
OK, I'm impressed. I got an e-mail from Marc @ 7 am. I just need to send the cutter in with a printed copy of the e-mail for confirmation, and they'll replace it. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
md4958 06:46 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by Kreth:
OK, I'm impressed. I got an e-mail from Marc @ 7 am. I just need to send the cutter in with a printed copy of the e-mail for confirmation, and they'll replace it. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Thats Marc for you. The guy is top-notch :-)
[Reply]
kenstogie 06:53 AM 11-09-2009
Posted via Mobile Device
I hate to say I told you so.... Oh wait no I don't :-)

I TOLD YOU SO.

Palio does it right, that's for sure.
[Reply]
Volt 07:26 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Your favorite store "Bonds" is an autorized Palio dealer.
So their site say, but I have never seen them in there for a swap.....
[Reply]
Volt 07:27 AM 11-09-2009
Posted via Mobile Device

Same thing Marc did for me on my first Palio. More the reason to buy from them than say Davidoff/AVO..... just saying :-)
[Reply]
klipsch 07:49 AM 11-09-2009
If Palio made lighters...my lighter would be a Palio too.
[Reply]
GTsetGO 08:46 AM 11-09-2009
So their site say, but I have never seen them in there for a swap.....
they are, but there is never a big want for them so they cut the stock down. who knows why the want isn't there.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 08:47 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:

I TOLD YOU SO.

No, I TOLD YOU SO. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 08:59 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by GTsetGO:
they are, but there is never a big want for them so they cut the stock down. who knows why the want isn't there.

I guess to the unknowing the difference a good cutter can make, ehwn your looking at a $3 cutter or a $35/$45 Palio it gets hard to make that big a plop on a cutter. "Some times" buying the better grade item is the cheaper choice. Less mangled sticks, less buying cutters as the blades get dull, the cheaper ones are sloppy and have bad tolerances.....
[Reply]
Kreth 09:24 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by kenstogie:

I TOLD YOU SO.

I was pretty confident they would take care of me after reading some other Palio threads. I wanted to make sure I posted their response, because you can never say too much about good CS. Companies like Palio, Cigarmony, Taboo, and CI (to name a few) will continue to get my business on CS alone. As for companies like Avo/Davidoff, well...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:26 AM 11-09-2009
Same thing Marc did for me on my first Palio. More the reason to buy from them than say Davidoff/AVO..... just saying :-)
if only Palio made punches. I pmmed Marc though to see if they have plans for punches in the near future.
[Reply]
tsolomon 09:37 AM 11-09-2009
I just don't get a clean cut with my Palio anymore, so I have switched back to my Xikar. It's too bad as it was a great cutter, but now it tends to crush rather than cut. I would like to mail it back to Palio as there isn't a retailer close to me.
[Reply]
Kreth 09:41 AM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by tsolomon:
I just don't get a clean cut with my Palio anymore, so I have switched back to my Xikar. It's too bad as it was a great cutter, but now it tends to crush rather than cut. I would like to mail it back to Palio as there isn't a retailer close to me.
E-mail them: info@paliocutter.com
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
GTsetGO 12:17 PM 11-09-2009
I guess to the unknowing the difference a good cutter can make, ehwn your looking at a $3 cutter or a $35/$45 Palio it gets hard to make that big a plop on a cutter. "Some times" buying the better grade item is the cheaper choice. Less mangled sticks, less buying cutters as the blades get dull, the cheaper ones are sloppy and have bad tolerances.....
I agree with you whole heartedly. I am just saying that they weren't a selling cutter for the shop.

Hell, there is a reason i have a Xikar MTX, XIkar XI and a Palio sitting in my humi. :-)

I have been a few shops where the "house cutter" more or less popped the end of the cigar off as if i was popping a zit back in my high school days rather than cut it off. Lesson learned and i carry a cutter with me whenever i go out to smoke.
[Reply]
Volt 01:16 PM 11-09-2009
The only thing I typically use at a B&M is a Vector tri pump torch. I want one so bad but right now it would be so excessive for me to buy that I cannot. One day maybe. They light the stick fast and hot, just love them. Pics at the link

http://www.lightersdirect.com/Single...or_Torch.1055/
[Reply]
poriggity 01:29 PM 11-09-2009
The only thing I typically use at a B&M is a Vector tri pump torch. I want one so bad but right now it would be so excessive for me to buy that I cannot. One day maybe. They light the stick fast and hot, just love them. Pics at the link

:-):-):-) I thought this thread was about cutters LOL!
Scott
[Reply]
CigarNut 01:35 PM 11-09-2009

I hae one of these puppies and I love it; when I bring it to herfs I always get questions about it.
[Reply]
Volt 01:55 PM 11-09-2009
Originally Posted by poriggity:
:-):-):-) I thought this thread was about cutters LOL!
Scott
Yep, typical cigar thread hijack - I are guilty :-)

Originally Posted by CigarNut:
I hae one of these puppies and I love it; when I bring it to herfs I always get questions about it.
I wanna herf with you!
[Reply]
MedicCook 03:03 PM 11-09-2009
I can't wait to get my Palio. Waiting for that Esencia package to come out.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up