Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Best Cigar Oasis Model For Vinotemp?
Golfman 10:11 AM 06-23-2009
I think I am going to make the switch to a Cigar Oasis for my 28ct Vinotemp... Does anyone know the best Cigar Oasis model to get for it? Thanks!

-Seth
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 12:20 PM 06-23-2009
I ran the XL for a while and it was able to keep up with a full vino.
[Reply]
s15driftking 12:33 PM 06-23-2009
i have an old one and it works great.
[Reply]
Golfman 01:58 PM 06-23-2009
Thanks for the help. I currently use beads but i find that they are not as care free and reliable like everyone says... I think a cigar oasis is as care free as you can get.
[Reply]
BORIStheBLADE 04:29 PM 06-23-2009
Originally Posted by Golfman:
Thanks for the help. I currently use beads but i find that they are not as care free and reliable like everyone says... I think a cigar oasis is as care free as you can get.

To be honest with you, I took the oasis out and replaced it with 1lbs of beads. I probably spray my beads about every 3-4 months. I also leave the Vino in so that fan is always on too.
[Reply]
Throb 12:25 PM 06-28-2009
I have 1.5 pounds of beads spread out among three layers (cedar shelves) . I spray my beads about once every 6 months and they stay solid at 65%

I think its more important to have lots of cedar to regulate humidity than to go with an Oasis:-)
[Reply]
groogs 01:32 PM 06-28-2009
I had an XL and I hated it. It would never hold the RH at a constand level. I went to beads and never looked back.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 02:10 PM 06-28-2009
I use the XL with a battery pack... it's great...
[Reply]
Golfman 11:25 AM 06-29-2009
Does anyone have any thoughts to prevent water from pooling at the bottom? This is problem I have had with beads and the cigar oasis. The vino temp is on and the drain is plugged. Thanks for the help!
[Reply]
shilala 11:45 AM 06-29-2009
Does anyone have any thoughts to prevent water from pooling at the bottom? This is problem I have had with beads and the cigar oasis. The vino temp is on and the drain is plugged. Thanks for the help!
Make sure there is room around the edges of the vino all the way around.
That way it can breathe and the fan will pick the water back up and give it back to your beads.
If your vino is running constantly, it's gonna happen (the water pooling).
It needs to be kept in a cool spot with an ambient temp of less than 75 degrees F.
Otherwise, you're fighting a losing battle.
Vinos aren't meant to be used in hot places, and if they are in a hot place, they'll run constantly and create the exact condition you explained.
The cigar oasis is just making the problem worse by constantly feeding water to the air while the evaporator (cooling plate) is taking it out.
[Reply]
kydsid 01:33 PM 06-30-2009
Shilala points out exactly my situation on my Edgestar. Unless I want a $400 Electric bill 78 when home and 85 when not is the best I can do in my house. I have resorted to a open drain, to allow the water out of the unit like designed, 2lbs of beads, an oasis and a large jar of humi gel. The oasis needs water every 3 days, beads too. But I stay between 63 and 66 % humidity top to bottom. I end up emptying the water catch once a month with about an inch of water. I found if I plug the hole I get way too much water inside the unit and uncontrollable spikes in the humidity.

I am thinking about adding shelves to see if cedar will help the situation.
[Reply]
alley00p 02:10 PM 06-30-2009
I have 1 1/2 lbs of Scott's beads in my Vino along with an Oust fan on the top shelf. I had a few problems when all I just had a few cedar shelves, but when I received my Cedar drawers from ChasDen, all of my humidity problems have gone away. :-)

:-)
[Reply]
Golfman 11:01 AM 07-01-2009
Originally Posted by shilala:
Make sure there is room around the edges of the vino all the way around.
That way it can breathe and the fan will pick the water back up and give it back to your beads.
If your vino is running constantly, it's gonna happen (the water pooling).
It needs to be kept in a cool spot with an ambient temp of less than 75 degrees F.
Otherwise, you're fighting a losing battle.
Vinos aren't meant to be used in hot places, and if they are in a hot place, they'll run constantly and create the exact condition you explained.
The cigar oasis is just making the problem worse by constantly feeding water to the air while the evaporator (cooling plate) is taking it out.
Thanks for the excellent info Shilala... Here is the kicker... The humidity in my vino is not above 65% anywhere yet water still pools at the bottom... I am baffled as to why this happens. I have placed two hygros at the bottom (58% rH) and one at the top (49% rH) This baffles me because i thought humidity rises?.. I just orderd a series of fans which i plan to run in the humidor to get proper air circulation. I am banking that this will be the solution to my problem because I have been having issues with humidity ever since the summer started. This makes sense considering that my Vino is now on unlike the winter where it remains off and the humidity remains at appropriate levels.
[Reply]
bonecollector 08:11 PM 11-14-2009
I think I am going to make the switch to a Cigar Oasis for my 28ct Vinotemp... Does anyone know the best Cigar Oasis model to get for it? Thanks!

-Seth
You might want to get the heartfelt beads, I have 3 Oasis XL pros and two of the three don't work. The units are about 2 years old. Cigar oasis hasn't returned any e-maile I sent either. I have the beads in my coolidors and thet work great.:-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:06 PM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by bonecollector:
Cigar oasis hasn't returned any e-maile I sent either.
why not call them?

Chances are they arent going to warranty a 2 year old product regardless.
[Reply]
captain53 07:38 AM 11-15-2009
I had an Oasis and it worked best in the trash can! Total piece of junk. Beads are the best solution invented to date for a less than 500 ct or so unit.:-)
[Reply]
Bartolomeo 08:37 PM 11-15-2009
Oasis XL is alive and kicking in my Vino........once I ripped out Green sponge and replaced with just Distilled, I am good to go

Problem now is Vino is packed, need something bigger

Bart
[Reply]
acarr 09:24 PM 11-15-2009
I leave the drain open and have a glass of distilled water in there. Over a year now and the humidity stays between 62 and 66.
[Reply]
Titan410 07:58 AM 11-16-2009
Can anyone reccomend the best way to divert the vino condensation into a tray of beads?
[Reply]
Titan410 08:55 AM 11-17-2009
Originally Posted by Titan410:
Can anyone reccomend the best way to divert the vino condensation into a tray of beads?
To clarify, I have a Vino 28 and my beads are on the bottom in a small Tupperware container.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up