Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Cigar Oasis Troubles
rennD 04:09 PM 07-21-2009
My Oasis RH reading is way off. I have to set it 15+ to get it to put out 65 RH. I have calibrated two separate hygrometers and they are dead on.

Another thing is that it keeps telling me it needs water but I unplug it and it resets. I am using the larger cartridge by the way.

Any ideas or know anyone I can send it to have it fixed?

Thanks in advance.
[Reply]
yourchoice 04:23 PM 07-21-2009
I had the latter (telling me it needs water) happen to me before. Was it after you refilled it? One time I refilled it a little too high I think and took it out of the humi for a little, seperated from the resevoir, and let it dry out. I think a little water may have splashed onto the mechanism and caused it to freak out so to speak. I put it back in and it was just fine. Same thing may be causing your incorrect reading...worth a shot maybe.
[Reply]
rennD 10:30 PM 07-21-2009
thanks for the info joel
[Reply]
bonecollector 08:06 PM 11-14-2009
Originally Posted by rennD:
My Oasis RH reading is way off. I have to set it 15+ to get it to put out 65 RH. I have calibrated two separate hygrometers and they are dead on.

Another thing is that it keeps telling me it needs water but I unplug it and it resets. I am using the larger cartridge by the way.

Thanks in advance.
I have 3 cigar Oasis XL Plus units and within 2 years two have failed. I'm trying a Hydra unit. I read the other boards and the oasis units don't seem too reliable and their customer service is poor. They never did return several e-mails I sent them.:-)
[Reply]
captain53 07:41 AM 11-15-2009
Fixed Mine - Threw the piece of crap in the trash can. Oasis is worthless junk in my experience. Sorry to rant but the words Cigar Oasis just piss me off, ruined some good smokes with the damn thing when it just totally quit.:-)
[Reply]
shadow king 08:23 PM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by rennD:

Thanks in advance.

Did you ever figure out what to do? I have a Hydra and it's about 4 degrees off RH from my hygrometer I have up top which I recently recalibrated. I'm reluctant to match the RH to my hygrometer as the cigars smoke fine I just think its odd to have that much of a difference from bottom to top of my humi.
[Reply]
T.G 08:30 PM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by shadow king:
Did you ever figure out what to do? I have a Hydra and it's about 4 degrees off RH from my hygrometer I have up top which I recently recalibrated. I'm reluctant to match the RH to my hygrometer as the cigars smoke fine I just think its odd to have that much of a difference from bottom to top of my humi.
Big humi?

Not unusual for large humidors to have RH differentials from top to bottom. Make sure that there are open airflow areas from top to bottom and add some auxiliary fans - hydra sells a kit or you can use the humi-care fan kit from CI. (the Hydra and the Humi-Care active humidifier are the exact same humidifier except for the color of the plastic) That should clear it up.
[Reply]
Up