Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Drew Estate Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" & Unicos Line
darkleeroy 02:23 PM 08-26-2010
I know some of us have been waiting for the Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" release for some time now. DE just conducted a press release describing all the goodies concerning the Dirty Rat.

From what I read the "Dirty Rat" will be the first of the the new Liga Privada Unicos line. Much like the reviews you've seen it will be a 5 x 44RG corona with fan tail. The wrapper will be the same wrapper as the T52, but has a different binder/filler blend. It won't be a limited release but an ongoing line much like the T52 and the No. 9

You can expect them starting September 9.

http://blog.drewestate.com/index.php...rie-dirty-rat/
[Reply]
Darrell 02:28 PM 08-26-2010
We are eagerly awaiting our shipment. :-)
[Reply]
Brooks W 03:39 PM 08-26-2010
I think my review says it all!!

http://tinyurl.com/yfs6owr

:-)

~brooks
[Reply]
Yardgnome 03:43 PM 08-26-2010
I can't wait to try these, The No.9 has really become a go to stick for me the last few weeks.
[Reply]
marge796 03:46 PM 08-26-2010
I can't wait!!!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
neoflex 04:16 PM 08-26-2010
I have really become a Liga Ho the last few months and this is good news as I have been wanting to get my hands on these for some time now. Now maybe I will finally get my greasy paws on some:-)
[Reply]
darkleeroy 04:29 PM 08-26-2010
The Liga have become my go to stick at the B&M closest to my house. It would be a toss up between the Illusione 88's and the No. 9 Robusto's, but that particular B&M doesn't stock Illusione singles so the Liga wins by default.
[Reply]
warren G. 05:31 PM 08-26-2010
Interesting...hopefully my B&M get some of them. While I love the the no. 9, but I really love the t52.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:56 PM 08-26-2010
The T-52 Toro is my favorite by far with the number 9 Beli close behind. Anyone know what the price point of a box will be?
[Reply]
darkleeroy 07:17 PM 08-26-2010
Going to be in boxes of 12 at $12 each. The reason being:

Originally Posted by :
“We realize this is expensive for a small format cigar, however due to the difficult nature and time
consuming task of proportioning five different filler tobaccos and hand bunching such a complex recipe into a
corona size the cigar’s price is a direct reflection of what they actually cost to handcraft,”

[Reply]
Chingas 10:49 PM 08-26-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
I know some of us have been waiting for the Liga Privada "Dirty Rat" release for some time now. It won't be a limited release but an ongoing line much like the T52 and the No. 9
Is that also true for the Flying Pig?
[Reply]
darkleeroy 01:37 AM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Chingas:
Is that also true for the Flying Pig?
From what I understand, both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat will be produced akin to Fuente's Anejo in that they'd be a small batch, periodical cigar, rather than a one time production like Tatuaje's Black Jars or Halloween series.

Also, after talking to the people at my local B&M, they're expecting a shipment of both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat come early September.
[Reply]
neoflex 06:49 AM 08-27-2010
Hmmm, more Pigs are coming too. Maybe this time I will be bright enough to grab a box when the opportunity arises rather than what I did last time and just grab a 5er and after the first one go back for the rest only to find they are gone.
[Reply]
Brutus2600 07:32 AM 08-27-2010
I have a Flying Pig and some T52's sitting in my humi waiting to be smoked. I've yet to smoke any of the LP lines, but from everything I've read I'm looking forward to those smokes. I've heard many good things about the Dirty Rat too, so it's nice to know that while made in small batches, both it and the Flying Pig will both be a regular release.

Don't take this comment wrong, I'm a self proclaimed Tat whore and it's fun getting the limited releases...but it is definitely frustrating when you like the cigar but no more will ever be made. I'm glad that's not the case here.
[Reply]
neoflex 08:31 AM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by Brutus2600:
I have a Flying Pig and some T52's sitting in my humi waiting to be smoked. I've yet to smoke any of the LP lines, but from everything I've read I'm looking forward to those smokes. I've heard many good things about the Dirty Rat too, so it's nice to know that while made in small batches, both it and the Flying Pig will both be a regular release.

Don't take this comment wrong, I'm a self proclaimed Tat whore and it's fun getting the limited releases...but it is definitely frustrating when you like the cigar but no more will ever be made. I'm glad that's not the case here.
Smoke the Ligas. I too was a Tat whore and than I tried my first T-52. Now I will grab a Liga over my usual go to Tats.
[Reply]
Brooks W 08:33 AM 08-27-2010
Originally Posted by darkleeroy:
From what I understand, both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat will be produced akin to Fuente's Anejo in that they'd be a small batch, periodical cigar, rather than a one time production like Tatuaje's Black Jars or Halloween series.

Also, after talking to the people at my local B&M, they're expecting a shipment of both the Flying Pig and the Dirty Rat come early September.
The Dirty Rat will be Regular production, like the Anejos are (ie, they will be released when DE feels like it and they have the stock, but will not have a specific number to hit and then quit)...

The T-52 Flying Pig will only have 3000 boxes released (the #9 FP only had 2000)...However, unlike last year (when they released the #9 FP in batches over a series of months) ALL of the T-52 Flying Pigs will be released at the same time, so once they are gone, they are gone...

The Dirty Rats (Boxes of 12 for $12 each, so about $144) will be available in about 2 weeks...

The T-52 Flying Pigs price is unknown (to me, but I assume they will be like the #9 FP), and will NOT be out before mid October...

Hope that helps!

~brooks
[Reply]
neoflex 08:48 AM 08-27-2010
Thanks for the info Brooks. A T-52 Pig should be interesting. The #9 is a little spice bomb so I am real curious to see how the T-52 version smokes. So being the #9 FP was $12 each on average, I wonder if the T-52 version will be a buck or two more.
[Reply]
T.G 08:56 AM 08-27-2010
Having smoked my frist one of these as an unmarked sample from Jon well over a year ago, the Dirty Rats are fantastc cigars, I'm very glad to see that Jon and Saka did put these into production afterall.
[Reply]
Apoco 09:36 AM 08-27-2010
Can't wait to try this one.
[Reply]
bigliver 08:59 PM 08-27-2010
I've tried the T-52. I wasn't overly impressed. It was decent, but nothing in there wow'ed me. That being said, I'm sure I'll be on the hunt for these new releases.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up