Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Sports>NHL '17- '18 Season Thread
E.J. 08:22 PM 04-30-2018
JR was pretty fired up about the refs and calls/no calls, in the post game. Milbury was saying a PS likely should have been called on the slash on the ��. (Mind you, no penalty called at all). All that said, series tied 1-1 going to Beantown.

Don’t know if I’ll be able to stay up for this entire Vegas game, don’t know how you Eastern/Central time zone guys do it. Guess I don’t mind on the weekend, but during the week these kill me.
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:14 AM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by E.J.:
JR was pretty fired up about the refs and calls/no calls, in the post game. Milbury was saying a PS likely should have been called on the slash on the ��. (Mind you, no penalty called at all). All that said, series tied 1-1 going to Beantown.

Don’t know if I’ll be able to stay up for this entire Vegas game, don’t know how you Eastern/Central time zone guys do it. Guess I don’t mind on the weekend, but during the week these kill me.
The reffing was horrible. The non-call on Marchand was almost a duplicate of a slash that got called on Krug in the first. In the third, Hedman high-sticked HIMSELF in the face and Pastrnak got a double-minor.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 06:51 AM 05-01-2018
....and Rask showed up.
[Reply]
icehog3 02:56 PM 05-01-2018
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
Yeah, I am becoming a regular NHL watcher. I purchased the last two months of NHL Center Ice or whatever it is called so that I could watch every Nashville game.
Nice, Dan! :-)

Originally Posted by E.J.:
It's super easy. Just retire! :-)

Originally Posted by Porch Dweller:
The reffing was horrible. The non-call on Marchand was almost a duplicate of a slash that got called on Krug in the first. In the third, Hedman high-sticked HIMSELF in the face and Pastrnak got a double-minor.
Those two slashes were exactly the same, horrible non-call on the Marchand one.
[Reply]
nutcracker 09:08 PM 05-01-2018
Not sure my heart can take this series. Watching a comeback from 3 down.... wow... then almost losing it again. Two great teams duking it out too soon.

The two Airforce Jets flying over the city at the start of the game was pretty special though. The city feels like it’s a holiday - everyone wearing Jetsgear to work, buses flashing Go Jets. Special time in my city!
[Reply]
icehog3 09:56 AM 05-02-2018
Great finish! Go Jets!
[Reply]
nutcracker 05:40 PM 05-02-2018
Hey Tom - did you see our AHL team, the Manitoba Moose face the Rockford Icehogs in Round 2 of the Calder cup? Game one Friday....
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 PM 05-02-2018
Originally Posted by nutcracker:
Hey Tom - did you see our AHL team, the Manitoba Moose face the Rockford Icehogs in Round 2 of the Calder cup? Game one Friday....
I did, Neil. Hogs were great against Chicago. Good luck....to the Jets. :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 05:59 PM 05-03-2018
Originally Posted by icehog3:

It's super easy. Just retire! :-)
On the 5 year countdown....seems short & long.
[Reply]
elderboy02 06:27 AM 05-04-2018
Predators even the series 2-2. :-)

Pekka Rinne was dialed in last night. He did get lucky on one shot where the nub of his stick prevented the puck from going in :-)
[Reply]
nutcracker 07:10 AM 05-04-2018
Predators even the series 2-2. :-)

Pekka Rinne was dialed in last night. He did get lucky on one shot where the nub of his stick prevented the puck from going in :-)
Was horrid. Collective heart attack here in the ‘Peg!

Poor Morrisey couldn’t believe his bad luck on that one!

Preds were tight though - they shut the Jets down, none of that flying around loosy-goosy style we’re used to when these two teams match up.

It’s all a conspiracy to force game 6 so that True North can make more money...
:-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:58 AM 05-07-2018
Jets gave me a BDay win, and I was lucky enough to watch it sitting next to Black Coral. :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 08:59 AM 05-07-2018
Will the Jets and Caps close things out tonight, or will we get a 2nd (or 3rd) Game 7 in this playoff year?
[Reply]
elderboy02 11:59 AM 05-07-2018
:-) I don't think my Preds can pull it off tonight :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 01:53 PM 05-07-2018
:-) I don't think my Preds can pull it off tonight :-)
Jets look awfully good, Dan.
[Reply]
nutcracker 03:57 PM 05-07-2018
City on high alert.....
Expecting over 20 000 outside arena! 3 city blocks blocked off and it’s a gorgeous day out there! Feels like summer and everyone in a holiday spirit.

Go Jets!
[Reply]
Black Coral 04:30 PM 05-07-2018
Let’s go jets!!
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:27 PM 05-07-2018
Originally Posted by Black Coral:
Let’s go jets!!
You wouldn’t recognize the city - 35 000 people descending on downtown - Donald is jammed clear to Broadway. Tim is at the game -he went downtown 2 hours ago - by bus - parking is worse than usual!

I have first draft on tickets for two games next round... so they’d better win!
[Reply]
Black Coral 06:54 PM 05-07-2018
I have had the playoff beard going since the start of playoffs.
[Reply]
E.J. 08:08 PM 05-07-2018
Pens won’t 3Peat.

Good start for the Preds.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 8910 1112 > Last »
Up