Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
General Discussion>Dating a co-worker
RWhisenand 11:16 PM 12-21-2014
You know, maybe I'm just being contradictory but I say go for it. If it dosent work out, move on with a different job, or have her move to a different job.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 04:43 AM 12-22-2014
If it goes south, what are you options with work? Could you find another job? I would look at my financial security first. Also, at this stage in your life, how sure are you about your emotional state? It takes a while before you are in the right state of mind to find a lasting relationship (if that is what you want).

Some need companionship, others are just looking for a physical pleasure. Not saying one is better than the other; but don't mix which is appropriate right now.
[Reply]
RobR1205 07:40 AM 12-22-2014
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
If it goes south, what are you options with work? Could you find another job? I would look at my financial security first. Also, at this stage in your life, how sure are you about your emotional state? It takes a while before you are in the right state of mind to find a lasting relationship (if that is what you want).

Some need companionship, others are just looking for a physical pleasure. Not saying one is better than the other; but don't mix which is appropriate right now.
Well said.
[Reply]
shilala 08:22 AM 12-22-2014
I rethought this and I say go ahead and hit it. :-)
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:49 AM 12-22-2014
Oh Scott...:-)
[Reply]
OLS 10:02 AM 12-22-2014
I would also like to chime in on the "relax and enjoy it" theme......being free again is one of the best feelings that
a grown man can experience....savor it.....suck, don't crunch. I know its EASIER to date from work, it means you
don't have to go out and spend money on the hunt. But ENJOY the freedom, play the field, don't get serious too quick.

And then, when you remember you're only going to have hair and a young man's body for so long, then get down
to business and get serious.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 10:38 AM 12-22-2014
Lots of people at the bank seem to date each other and I've seen many marriages, but not so much with people who work in such close proximity. We're so big it's not uncommon to learn about husbands and wives who both work here, but usually they are in different areas. Although there's been several instances of relationships in my building that I know about.

That said, I'm aware of my own divorce situation and I'm trying to be mindful of that. I am feeling like I'm recovering fairly quickly from my divorce, but I also do not want to risk rebounding with someone at work.

Right now it's just friendly and I have indicated to her in indirect ways that I'm not yet at a point where I'm ready to date anyone. This alone may have doomed me to perpetual friend zone status, who knows? Either way I'm proceeding with caution and if it blossoms into something more, great! If not, then no harm done. I do worry about work and sexual harassment and all that though.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up