Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Humidifier and fan placement in cabinet Humidor
DMS1189 05:55 PM 10-09-2020

Looking forward to getting this cabinet humidor delivered next week. Purchased Cigar Oasis Magna 3.0 humidifier and 2 additional fans. My question is how to place the humidifier and fans for even humidity throughout the unit. I see pictures with the humidifier on the bottom, which is ideal because it is out of sight, but manufacturers suggest placing it in the middle of the unit, which becomes an eyesore. Any suggestions on where to place the unit and fans? Thank you
[Reply]
Brlesq 01:18 PM 10-13-2020
I've got a similar tower and set up with 2 fans. Humidifier on the bottom, with vent facing the door (its the only unobstructed path from top to bottom so that moisture can travl unimpeded). I have one fan above the drawers and the second one above the next shelf up. I've mounted the fans on dowel rods that can be positioned into the pre-drilled holes for the adjustable shelves. This also allows you to rotate the airflow inward. This set up keeps circulating the moist air from the bottom all the way to the top.

I'm sure that there are other ways to set it up, but this is how I do it.
[Reply]
sigsauer 02:14 PM 10-13-2020
THATS A BEAUTIFUL TOWER!
WHAT brand?
[Reply]
DMS1189 05:35 AM 10-14-2020
Bruce, thanks for the information. I’m having a hard time picturing your fan placement. If you get a moment in the next week, please post a pic if possible.
[Reply]
DMS1189 05:38 AM 10-14-2020
Hi Sig,

Info on the cabinet below. I live close to the Sig training facility in Epping, NH. I’ve taken a few classes there. Impressive place!

https://yourelegantbar.com/products/...isplay-humidor
[Reply]
Up