Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Aged NCs
Jon11 09:14 PM 08-05-2020
What NC cigars do you think have the best aging potential?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 10:00 PM 08-05-2020
Based on my personal experience:
Padron
AF Hemingway's (shockingly fantastic after 10+ years)
Most My Father/Pepin made cigars
Punch Rare Corojo
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 04:12 AM 08-06-2020
I have only in recent years began attempting to age my cigars, so in my limited experience, here are some that have been benefiting nicely from age:

- Anything by AJ Fernandez, particularly the more full bodied stuff. I have had some AJF Ramon Allones and Punch that have been smoking like entirely different cigars just under 2 years later
- Anything DPG
- Casa Fernandez has been doing well so far also
- I received a 2017 box of CLE Box of corojos (just got lucky) and they smoked so well that I'm planning to buy a box to age!

There are many others but just those come to mind atm...i believe that overall, the rule of thumb is that the stronger the cigar, the better, since extensive aging can mellow out a cigar and if you are starting out with a mellow cigar, it's less likely to go well. There are exceptions to that however!
[Reply]
Brlesq 07:54 AM 08-06-2020
Padron
Litto Gomez / LFD
DPG / Tatuaje
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 01:19 PM 08-06-2020
Some of the Nicaraguan powerhouses would be interesting.
[Reply]
gomeitsmybday 06:58 PM 08-06-2020
Originally Posted by Brlesq:
Litto Gomez / LFD
Good call Bruce, RevSmoke was kind enough to share a Litto Gomez with me that was from 09 I think? And it was outrageously good, probably the best Dominican I've smoked to date. I would like to get some of my own to age but damn are they pricey...one of these days though!!
[Reply]
borndead1 11:26 PM 08-06-2020
Definitely NOT Padron 64s.
[Reply]
CEC_Tech 10:59 AM 08-07-2020
If you're into Drew Estate I like the Liga Pivada line with a year of age on 'em. Definitely LFD/Litto Gomez. I have some Herrera Estili Norteno's put away right now as well.

As always Opus X always ages well, but I've not had a good one for quite awhile now. They seem to have less flavor than before.
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 03:53 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by borndead1:
Definitely NOT Padron 64s.
Second that.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:44 AM 08-12-2020
I think the regular old thosand series from Padron ages great. I just found a Padron 5000 that I must have bought back in 2007 or 2008 and it was awesome.
[Reply]
oldforge 10:16 AM 08-12-2020
I have a lot of aged (some 10 years) NCs.
The Room 101s have all aged beautifully.
Other winners:
--Anejos
--Oliva Vs
--Crowned Heads
--old Murcielago
--Flor Dominicana ligeros and double ligeros
[Reply]
icehog3 10:40 AM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
I think the regular old thosand series from Padron ages great. I just found a Padron 5000 that I must have bought back in 2007 or 2008 and it was awesome.
It's crazy how good some of them become with age.
[Reply]
Jon11 04:30 PM 08-12-2020
Thanks just looking for suggestions. Personally I’ve had good experiences with aged Illusiones and Viaje. All of my 7 year old Padrons were horrible and flavorless. I smoke a lot of CCs but am kind of swinging back to NCs as I seem to be getting more enjoyment out of them.
[Reply]
Romeo Allones 08:13 AM 08-13-2020
The Non-Cubans I prefer to age are Padron Family Reserve, Opus X, Fuente DC Shark and some Anejos. Might try leaving some Ligas until next year but they are usually good to go after a month or two.
[Reply]
big a 11:06 AM 08-13-2020
Glad to read this as I have had some time lately to dive back into cigars. I have been MIA and just working through stick in my humidor (most 7-10 +years old, 95% NC). I would always put a sticker of the month and year i got the cigars on the sleeve. The Tats, AF Anejos, Viajes, Opus and Ligas have been every bit as good as i remember. I have enjoyed the Tats and Anejos sharks the most. With LP and Opus slightly behind them. Can't wait to open the box of little monsters.

I did just smoked a brickhouse i got on my honeymoon (May 2010) and thought it smoked surprisingly good also. Its flavors had slightly mellowed out but was still enjoyable.
[Reply]
Up