Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Cocktail Thread- Shaken or Stirred?
Brlesq 06:05 AM 10-09-2012
One of my favorite cocktails to pair with a cigar is a self-created, yet-unnamed concoction:

2 parts Sailor Jerry's Spiced Rum
1 part Amaretto

The ladies enjoy this drink as well if you change it to a 50/50 ratio, throw it into a martini glass and add a cherry.

Gosling's Black Seal can be substituted for the spiced rum for a slightly different taste.
[Reply]
billybarue 09:25 AM 10-09-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
I usually use Black seal with Reeds Ginger Beer. Blenheim is very very hard to find unless you live in NC/SC. It can be found online though and there is a store locator for the other B&M stores in the nation.

I will have my parents and in laws mule it in for me when they visit this fall. 20 sixers oughta do it.
I saw the locator for Blenheims. There are a couple spots just North of Chicago and a couple in New York. I am in Chicago couple of times a week and New York at least a few times a month. I should be able to get my paws on some.
[Reply]
fsjonsey 02:44 AM 11-22-2012
Originally Posted by hammondc:
Old standyby for me is a Dark n Stormy. Black Seal rum with a good Jamaican ginger beer and a bit of lime. Make them with Blenheims ginger ale for a dark n fiery.
Replace the Rum with a good dry Gin and you have a Dragonfly.

Also, I've fallen in love with another long forgotten cocktail;
The Derby
2 oz bourbon
½ oz sweet vermouth
½ oz orange curaçao
¾ oz lime juice

Shake with ice and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with lime and/or mint.
[Reply]
RWhisenand 10:30 PM 11-22-2012
I mostly drink IPA's, red wine, or Scotch (single malt)

...but every once in awhile I like a Manhatten, I make mine with Crown Royal, two parts, sweet vermouth, one part, Agostura bitters, shaken with a cherry.

My wife likes the Hendricks gin with a cucumber slice and tonic, when she is not drinking scotch with me. I actually got he drinking scotch, but she hasn't tried a cigar yet! Cheers!
[Reply]
badbriar 06:11 PM 08-04-2013
This is the king of all man drinks... A Rusty Nail !
Must use a worthy scotch, so as not to insult the Drambuie. Not too good - no need to go with a single malt, but not the cheap stuff either. Personally, I find that Chivas does the trick just right.
Pairs well with most any stout, sweet, full bodied Maduro or even a good Oscuro. LFD comes to mind!
Enjoy...:-)
RR
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 08:14 PM 08-04-2013
Originally Posted by badbriar:
This is the king of all man drinks... A Rusty Nail !
Must use a worthy scotch, so as not to insult the Drambuie. Not too good - no need to go with a single malt, but not the cheap stuff either. Personally, I find that Chivas does the trick just right.
Pairs well with most any stout, sweet, full bodied Maduro or even a good Oscuro. LFD comes to mind!
Enjoy...:-)
RR
I love a Rusty Nail after a hearty meal. If you're going to smoke with it, though, you need something spicy and bold or the Drambuie will completely overpower it.
[Reply]
5newmans 10:52 AM 08-05-2013
Every once in a while I will have a local drink, they call it a Big Freakin Rock.
It's a shot of rum and and 6 oz. of hard cider.
[Reply]
SmokeyJoe 02:33 PM 08-05-2013
Normally it is single malt or bourbon neat, but on occasion I will have...

Originally Posted by :
Amber Jack drink recipe made with Amaretto,Bourbon,Sour mix,.
How to make a Amber Jack with all the instructions and ingredients.

Ingredients to use:
1 1/2 oz Amaretto
1 1/2 oz Bourbon
2 oz Sour mix
Directions:
Mix and serve over ice
(Personally, I prefer to go light on the sour mix.)

:-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up