Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Sweet scotch?
livwire68 02:24 AM 12-12-2008
A couple months back I bought a bottle of scotch, dont remember what type. The first couple glasses were fine then a few days later I tried it again except it was sickly sweet. I asked everyone in the house if they messed with it and no one had so I tossed the bottle. A couple weeks back I bought some bowmore islay single malt to try and it has been fine until tonight. I poured the last glass and as I sit here and drink it, it also seems sweet, not near as sweet as the other, but like if I let it set a couple more days it would become scotch syrup. Anyone else ever have this problem or is it just me.
[Reply]
goalie204 05:28 AM 12-12-2008
Wow, never heard of that before...contact the manufacturer if it happens maybe, thats very weird, maybe someone DID mess with it and didn't have the testicular fortitude to man up? :P
[Reply]
K Baz 07:20 AM 12-12-2008
Never heard of it before.

He first thing that came to mind when you said scotch syrup was that you should patent it and you could sell the syurp to 7-11 and they could use it to make Scotch Slurpees.
[Reply]
MadAl 07:33 AM 12-12-2008
That has NEVER happened to me and I've had numerous bottles of Bowmore.
[Reply]
Mark C 08:20 AM 12-12-2008
Were you eating anything during/prior to drinking? Maybe it was a weird food interaction?
[Reply]
Up