Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Stranahans Colorado Whiskey
XTRMBLZR1 10:33 AM 10-18-2008
Has anybody else tried this whiskey?
I had to pickup a couple bottles while i was in NE because i cant find it down here in AZ.
[Reply]
MithShrike 12:42 PM 10-21-2008
Oh yeah I owe ya for that bottle. You coming by Tim's on Friday?
[Reply]
Parshooter 01:04 PM 10-21-2008
I've had some. It was good, not great, especially for the money. I think it's more of a novelty, cause it's made in Colorado instead of Kentucky. Better bourbons out there for the same $$$.
[Reply]
zmancbr 02:12 PM 10-21-2008
I expect Jamie to be along any minute now.. he loves this stuff.

As for the taste I haven't actually ever tried it... :-)
[Reply]
jcarlton 04:46 PM 10-21-2008
This is my current favorite Whiskey. Zach next time you're over for a garage herf we will fix that little problem of never trying Stranahans yet. :-)

XTRMBLZR1, where in AZ are you? I will be in the Phoenix area in Jan or Feb sometime and could be persuaded to bring a bottle or two with me if you would like.
[Reply]
Opusfxd 08:49 PM 10-21-2008
I tried very hard not to drink all of Jamie's last time I was over in the garage. I love this stuff. :-) Maybe J could bring some Saturday for Z to try?
[Reply]
kgoings 09:37 PM 10-21-2008
Originally Posted by jcarlton:
This is my current favorite Whiskey. Zach next time you're over for a garage herf we will fix that little problem of never trying Stranahans yet. :-)

XTRMBLZR1, where in AZ are you? I will be in the Phoenix area in Jan or Feb sometime and could be persuaded to bring a bottle or two with me if you would like.
OH YEA, your gonna have to herf with the Desert Herf Crew!

I really like this stuff, tried some this weekend thanks to Patrick (xtrmblzr1)
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:46 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Opusfxd:
I tried very hard not to drink all of Jamie's last time I was over in the garage. I love this stuff. :-) Maybe J could bring some Saturday for Z to try?
Perhaps... but I will warn ya... I am not a huge whiskey/cognac/scotch drinker... :-)

I had a bad experience a long time ago with a fella named Jack. Since then I have had a hard time getting back on the saddle...

But I am down to try it. Ray has been trying to work me back into good scotch!:-)
[Reply]
MithShrike 03:59 PM 10-22-2008
zmancbr, I too had a bad experience with a man named Jack. I still cannot stomach his presence. However Jim, Johnny, and all the Glen brothers are quite friendly with me. :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:49 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by MithShrike:
zmancbr, I too had a bad experience with a man named Jack. I still cannot stomach his presence. However Jim, Johnny, and all the Glen brothers are quite friendly with me. :-)
See my experience was so bad with Jack... that none of his friends are welcome at my place... :-)

One day I am hoping I can warm up to his friends since they didn't do anything wrong... stupid Jack ruining it for everyone... :-)
[Reply]
Up