Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Troops Room>Field Cigar Kit
jjmitchem 03:51 PM 02-25-2012
I have seen plenty of posts askin about deploying with cigars. I shared my Fob Tough Boxidor (aka TAT box with coolidor inside) that we had in Iraq on our last deployment

Now we are heading out for a month in India so I am packing my "Field Cigar Kit" and thought I would share

Off course, this is for sharing and not all for me :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:15 PM 02-25-2012
Good stuff Chappy!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
celtic250 04:35 PM 02-25-2012
Looking very good!
[Reply]
jjmitchem 07:02 PM 02-29-2012
Heading out tonight. Might get to check in while we are there but I doubt it

Had a few of my guys ask me if I was going to have a stash of cigars to hand out.
Went back and made some more room and added a few more

:-)
[Reply]
tengel78 07:03 PM 02-29-2012
Looks good!
[Reply]
Cigar Mike 01:17 PM 03-07-2012
Much nicer than my current fly-away kit. (Mine is a piece of $1.50 tupperware from the exchange that only holds about 12 sticks.) It turns out the Pelican case I had originally (much like the one on the left in your photo) was too thick to fit in the coffin racks and too wide to fit in our tiny lockers.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 09:44 AM 03-29-2012
Back from India. Good time, the Indian officers sure no how to put together an officer's mess in the field- British style with good food, an open bar and I brought a few cigars

I did finally get to try Vat69 Scotch - Lewis Nixon's drink of choice in Band of Brothers. Even brought a bottle back. Good stuff
[Reply]
Gophernut 12:24 PM 03-29-2012
Originally Posted by jjmitchem:
Back from India. Good time, the Indian officers sure no how to put together an officer's mess in the field- British style with good food, an open bar and I brought a few cigars

I did finally get to try Vat69 Scotch - Lewis Nixon's drink of choice in Band of Brothers. Even brought a bottle back. Good stuff
Glad to hear! Thanks for serving! I always wondered if that stuff was any good.
[Reply]
jjmitchem 04:30 PM 03-29-2012
It is a Blended Scotch - which I prefer the single malt but this stuff is not bad at all, just a different tast with a good bit of nostalgia to go with it. Check out the Wikipedia page on it.

Also brought back some Old Monk Rum which is made in India. The funny thing is all Indian Army officers get issued a case of the stuff each month.
[Reply]
Up