Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Infested!
688sonarmen 06:40 AM 06-16-2011
Guess it was only a matter of time. I have a hatch of beetles in one of my boxes. I hope I caught it early enough since I've been going through my stock about every day now. That being said I purchased the "New Air" 28 bottle wine cooler, does anyone have this model? If so how is it and do you have cedar shelves for it? Damn beetles!
[Reply]
Subvet642 07:20 AM 06-16-2011
Aw man! What a friggin drag! :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 07:32 AM 06-16-2011
sorry to hear it

get em in the freezer bro
[Reply]
massphatness 07:35 AM 06-16-2011
And this is precisely why I freeze EVERYTHING that comes in. If I kill all the eggs, I don't have to worry about a compressor failing in a VinoTemp during a heat wave or any other of the hundreds of possible things that can lead to an infestation.

I hope everything works out for you controlling the infestation. :-)

For anyone who's unfamilair with freezing cigars, there's a sticky on the subject HERE
[Reply]
688sonarmen 07:45 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
And this is precisely why I freeze EVERYTHING that comes in. If I kill all the eggs, I don't have to worry about a compressor failing in a VinoTemp during a heat wave or any other of the hundreds of possible things that can lead to an infestation.

I hope everything works out for you controlling the infestation. :-)

For anyone who's unfamilair with freezing cigars, there's a sticky on the subject HERE
Good info there Vin, I will take that on board!
[Reply]
jesseboston81 07:50 AM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
And this is precisely why I freeze EVERYTHING that comes in.
This is the same policy I take (even though I have a vino), and stories like this make me glad I do. Sorry to hear about your infestation, Jake, but I'm glad you caught it early.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:32 PM 06-16-2011
Sorry to hear Jake.
[Reply]
Zeuceone 01:13 PM 06-16-2011
Time to start smoking.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 02:01 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Sorry to hear Jake.
Thanks Mac

Originally Posted by Zeuceone:
Time to start smoking.

Haha, right?

There are worse things, I had been telling the wife I need a wine cooler, but after I bought a Montague last year she was not hearing it to well. After showing her the cigar with beetles in it, I dropped it and said "They are going to be all over the house now!" It was easy to talk her into a wine cooler:-) But yeah, there is a lot less room in the cooler than what I have now, I hope it all fits, if not the troops will be getting what I can't store:-)
[Reply]
76GTFan 02:03 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:
Thanks Mac

Haha, right?

There are worse things, I had been telling the wife I need a wine cooler, but after I bought a Montague last year she was not hearing it to well. After showing her the cigar with beetles in it, I dropped it and said "They are going to be all over the house now!" It was easy to talk her into a wine cooler:-) But yeah, there is a lot less room in the cooler than what I have now, I hope it all fits, if not the troops will be getting what I can't store:-)
I have vino with shelves along with a cooler for long term storage.:-)
[Reply]
LostAbbott 02:26 PM 06-16-2011
Do you have pictures? I would love to see them. Also do you know the box where the infestation came from?
[Reply]
688sonarmen 02:29 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by LostAbbott:
Do you have pictures? I would love to see them. Also do you know the box where the infestation came from?
It was a box of Tatuaje Unicos, the cigar is in the trash. I'll dig it out.
[Reply]
neoflex 02:35 PM 06-16-2011
I was almost expecting to hear the culprit box was from a Swiss Chocolate factory. Nothing against those factories but anytime I have had an issue it was always with my chocolates.:-)
Sorry to hear of your outbreak. I do hate these post because it always has me ripping out every cigar I own for inspection. Looks like I have my work cut out for me Saturday.:-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 02:51 PM 06-16-2011

In the 3rd pic "Big Bertha" is still alive on the foot, the close up later on I squashed her big butt:-)
[Reply]
Flounder 02:58 PM 06-16-2011
Yuck. Just getting my desktop regulated now. Still gotta go pick up a hydrometer. Glad I stay in our finished basement, never gets much above 70. Although I do know people who pay no mind to their temp sometimes it gets well over 80 in their humi, and they have never had problems.
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 02:59 PM 06-16-2011
Damn, that's a big sucker... sorry man. At least he has good taste!
[Reply]
Flounder 03:03 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by AlohaStyle:
Damn, that's a big sucker... sorry man. At least he has good taste!
Wouldn't you rather him have less-good taste?
[Reply]
Drez 03:06 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by 688sonarmen:

In the 3rd pic "Big Bertha" is still alive on the foot, the close up later on I squashed her big butt:-)
makes me want to cry. sorry for the loss man.

to the freezer everything else goes......
[Reply]
LostAbbott 03:17 PM 06-16-2011
Wow, thanks for posting these shots. I always imagines beetles being the size of flees... Good luck with the rest of your sticks.
[Reply]
Ogre 03:30 PM 06-16-2011
That just sucks, makes me want to leave work and go check mine!!!!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up