Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 28
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Jokes>How Old Are You?
68TriShield 05:05 PM 07-20-2012
From the 30 somethings on back,it's amazing how clueless they are to so much of this stuff.
Whereas it sucks being able to remember all this stuff,it's kind of cool that we got to fool with so much stuff that the younger generation will never get to see. :-)
[Reply]
htown 06:24 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
From the 30 somethings on back,it's amazing how clueless they are to so much of this stuff.
Whereas it sucks being able to remember all this stuff,it's kind of cool that we got to fool with so much stuff that the younger generation will never get to see. :-)
Yes, but the question is- do you have to have your kids hookup the DVD player?
[Reply]
markem 06:26 PM 07-20-2012

[Reply]
hotreds 06:59 PM 07-20-2012
[Reply]
68TriShield 07:28 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by htown:
Yes, but the question is- do you have to have your kids hookup the DVD player?
Hook up the what? :-)
[Reply]
bobarian 07:52 PM 07-20-2012
Silly Dave. :-)

[Reply]
htown 08:17 PM 07-20-2012
How about this handsome guy?
Attached: LOTL.jpg (3.9 KB) 
[Reply]
hotreds 08:40 PM 07-20-2012
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Silly Dave. :-)

Still have that sitting in the parents' downstairs.
[Reply]
shark 08:34 AM 07-21-2012

Remember how the papers smelled, still warm from this machine, when the teacher handed them out? CONTACT BUZZ!!!! :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 06:31 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by shark:

Remember how the papers smelled, still warm from this machine, when the teacher handed them out? CONTACT BUZZ!!!! :-)
I remember the teachers smoking in the room while they ran this. It's a wonder that any of us is here today.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:44 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by shark:

We still have one of those (although it's a much newer version, but still has the blue ink) at my school in case the copier and riso ever go out. I haven't seen one actually in use though since I was in second grade.
[Reply]
Starscream 09:47 AM 07-23-2012
A lot of these things are still being made now. The paper roll caps, Lincoln Logs, sea monkeys, and they even made replicas of the electronic football game back in the early 2000s.

I'm still stumped as to what the first to images in this thread are. Anybody gonna tell us youngins what they are?
[Reply]
LasciviousXXX 09:47 AM 07-23-2012
Hook up the what? :-)
:-)
[Reply]
poker 10:02 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by Starscream:

I'm still stumped as to what the first to images in this thread are. Anybody gonna tell us youngins what they are?
Made of plastic, these went inside 45 RPM vinyl records to fit the 1/4" centering spindle on record players.

These were toys that went by many names but many called them "Click-Clacks".
You would hold the center ring and move & time your hand up & down to force the balls to contact at the 6:00 and 12:00 position, thus creating a click clack noise. Head and hand injuries were common.

8 Track tape player. Before CD's & MP3's, there was cassette tapes. Before cassette tapes, there was 8 track tapes. Audio only.

With this you could stack multiple 45 RPM vinyl records on a record player and the records would drop one at a time to be played. Found on most large console record players, but was also available on smaller portable players.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:22 AM 07-23-2012
Cassette tapes were before 8 track. 8 track was supposed to be an improvement because the larger format could have better fidelity. My dad fell for it.
[Reply]
poker 10:23 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Cassette tapes were before 8 track. 8 track was supposed to be an improvement because the larger format could have better fidelity. My dad fell for it.
Didnt know that! Thanks!
[Reply]
FriendlyMan 10:30 AM 07-23-2012
I remember a Teacher in our school, who walked, talked, chewed gum, drank coffee, smoked, wrote on the board and occasionally spat at the same time.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:11 AM 07-23-2012
Originally Posted by poker:
Made of plastic, these went inside 45 RPM vinyl records to fit the 1/4" centering spindle on record players.

These were toys that went by many names but many called them "Click-Clacks".
You would hold the center ring and move & time your hand up & down to force the balls to contact at the 6:00 and 12:00 position, thus creating a click clack noise. Head and hand injuries were common.
The 45 inserts that I remember were solid, kinda like a cap.
And I've played with click clacks over the years, but they were not on strings, rather they were attached by plastic rods.

Thanks for the explanation, Dave.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:31 AM 07-23-2012

Here's the click clack toy that I remember.
[Reply]
htown 11:42 AM 07-23-2012
Here's one that I loved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygcConBiLV8
[Reply]
Page 11 of 28
« First < 91011 121321 > Last »
Up