Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Boardwalk or Deep Fry Me
:eevis 05:11 PM 10-30-2008
Now I enjoy the deep fried oreo, the deep fried twinkie, deep fried snickers and the deep fried cheesecake, but the Oreo is definetly the tops!!
What is you favorite Boardwalk or deep fried goodie?:-)
[Reply]
AD720 05:14 PM 10-30-2008
There is a bar in my neighborhood that does deep fried, beer battered dill pickle spears, served with a creamy horseradish dip. They are amazing. :-)
[Reply]
hoax 05:27 PM 10-30-2008
I've done deep fried Suzy-Q's at home.

They were the best of all the deep fried Hostess products that I've tried.
[Reply]
tnip23 05:31 PM 10-30-2008
For sweets, it's definitely the deep fried cheesecake, but you said boardwalk, and there is no better boardwalk food than Thrasher's french fries made in peanut oil.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 05:56 PM 10-30-2008
I am old school, funnel cakes and elephant ears for me. Both without fruit topping, just powdered sugar and cinnamon and sugar respectively :-)

Or non-sweets are Pronto-Pups, not corn dogs, Pronto-Pups
[Reply]
Ron1YY 06:01 PM 10-30-2008
Well, I do love the corndogs!!!! And let us not forget the Gyros!!!! :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 06:08 PM 10-30-2008
The deep fried oreo is a Jersey shore special! :-)
[Reply]
:eevis 08:21 PM 10-30-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
The deep fried oreo is a Jersey shore special! :-)
My wife believes that the Jersey shore treat is the neopolitan ice cream bar in between the warm waffles with powdered sugar! :-)
[Reply]
BengalMan 10:34 PM 10-30-2008
Can someone explain to me the deep fried process for an oreo or cupcake or whatever the hell other baked goods you deep fry? Do you bread it in something, then fry it, or just throw the bastards in?

I feel a heart attack coming on just thinking about this stuff.....
[Reply]
Scottw 10:37 PM 10-30-2008
A buddy of mine went to the San Gennaro feast and a guy was frying up Zeppole. Richie (friend) has a canolli in a bag and the guy told him to hand it over. He dipped the canolli is zeppole batter and fried it up. Richie said it was insane!! I got my cholesterol checked after that story.
[Reply]
livwire68 02:50 AM 10-31-2008
Love the deep fried oreo's over the twinkies, but have not seen the snickers! :-)
[Reply]
livwire68 02:52 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by BengalMan:
Can someone explain to me the deep fried process for an oreo or cupcake or whatever the hell other baked goods you deep fry? Do you bread it in something, then fry it, or just throw the bastards in?

I feel a heart attack coming on just thinking about this stuff.....
Bread it, I would use funnel cake batter, I believe they use frozen twinkies.
[Reply]
Prefy 04:43 AM 10-31-2008
Deep Fried Mars bar!!!
[Reply]
:eevis 04:45 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by livwire68:
Yep, thats how ya do it! I believe anything that they fry is frozen
[Reply]
Mark C 05:11 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by tnip23:
there is no better boardwalk food than Thrasher's french fries made in peanut oil.
:-)

Can't stand vinegar on 'em though. My wife and I have to get separate containers so that crap doesn't contaminate my fries.
[Reply]
Zipper 09:37 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by livwire68:
Originally Posted by :eevis:
Yep, thats how ya do it! I believe anything that they fry is frozen
The freeze them so that the cream inside doesn't melt and spew out until you can get a nice crispy coating on them. We fried almost EVERYTHING at the pizza place I used to work at on late nights, mostly just to see what would happen. Some of my favorites:

-Battered and fried bacon. No joke.
-Pepperoni
-We once fried a small calzone instead of baking it. It turned out great, but it took us a few tries...not so great!
-Pickles (as mentioned before, the need a good horseradish sauce to go along/Honey mustard works too)
-Butterfingers bars
-Everyone loved the broccoli (I hated it, but I hate broccoli in general)
[Reply]
tsolomon 09:47 AM 10-31-2008
When I'm at the beach, it's got to be Fisher's Caramel Popcorn. :-)

If you are in Ocean City, stop by our Talbot Street and Boardwalk location where you can inhale the sweet buttery aroma, watch the corn being popped, the caramel being made in the copper kettles and the coated popcorn being tossed into the case -- hot and gooey -- ready to be eaten.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:26 AM 10-31-2008
Originally Posted by AD720:
There is a bar in my neighborhood that does deep fried, beer battered dill pickle spears, served with a creamy horseradish dip. They are amazing. :-)
Love that.....

Best fried boardwalk food.....without a doubt the corndogs down in Newport Beach on Balboa Island at the foot of the Ferris Wheel...Insane.
[Reply]
livwire68 02:53 PM 10-31-2008
This thread inspired me. Having a small herf tomorrow, everything fried. MENU: wings (raspberry/jap sauce, bbq, hot and maybe something else), waffle fries, fried pickles, jap poppers and for dessert funnel cake, fried oreo and snickers! Thanks for trying to kill us. Now just trying to figure out beverages, cigars will come naturally! :-)
[Reply]
Up