Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Hey Smokin Gator
Steve 04:18 PM 10-25-2008
I smell some good aromas blowing in the wind from up there, come on man, lets see your stuff!

Some of mine:
-------------
Can ya smell it?

A pig I did a while ago

Some pork from earlier this summer

Ribs

Enjoy you daughters visit!

Wokin Hard?

Workin' Harder!
[Reply]
Langod 08:33 AM 10-26-2008
Now you guys are just being plain ol' cruel to us Northerners who are past smoking season.
Maybe y'all should start a BBQ PIF.....
[Reply]
acruce 10:19 AM 10-26-2008
How long did you have to smoke the pig and what temp?
[Reply]
:eevis 10:48 AM 10-26-2008
It is never past smoking season!!! Well then again you are a little father north of me. I just snowblow a path to my my smoker!!
[Reply]
Steve 10:51 AM 10-26-2008
About 250 for ~10 hours I think.

That pig was real fresh, as in just killed that morning. It was supposed to have been killed, scalded, scraped and hung about 5 days before, but...

Anyways, I had figured that it would take about 14 hours to cook, but being that it was still "warm" it cooked much faster.Turned out real good though.

It's always interesting when you are cooking for a charity and they are providing the meat. Usually I like to provide it all so that I have a little more control, but things don't always work that way.

Originally Posted by acruce:
How long did you have to smoke the pig and what temp?

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 10:55 AM 10-26-2008
That is one sweet Lang!!! To me the 84 just can't be beat for a stick burner.

I was lazy and used a Big Green Egg for the brisket. It was one stubborn farker!!! It was a 13 pound full packer and went for almost 17 hours. It was darn good though!!

Nice pics of the Q as well. I'll have to dig some up!!
[Reply]
Steve 01:29 PM 10-26-2008
Did it hang up on you? I had one hang up at about 190*D and stay there for a couple of hours. Then boom, it shot up to 200*-210* in a flash.

Look forward to see some of you Q one of these days.

Originally Posted by Smokin Gator:

I was lazy and used a Big Green Egg for the brisket. It was one stubborn farker!!! It was a 13 pound full packer and went for almost 17 hours. It was darn good though!!

[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:04 PM 10-26-2008
Yep... this one hit the platuea (sp) at about 165 and stayed there for a couple of hours.
[Reply]
Up