Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Entertainment>HBO Shows
Beagleone 03:12 PM 01-19-2012
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
Shameless on Showtime...
DOH! I forgot about that one. I do like Shameless.
[Reply]
Bill86 03:49 PM 01-19-2012
HBO
The Wire is the best show ever, period.
I'd give Boardwalk second
Dexter third (last few seasons are so-so - good)
Entourage 4th (last few seasons were pretty bad)
Couldn't get through Sopranos (6th season was the worst thing ever, 5th season was pretty terrible. First 3 would ALMOST give the wire a run for it's money) or Deadwood (too slow YAWN)

Showtime
Californication (excellent show, Duchovny is gold)

Shows like Weeds, Eastbound and Down, and Game of Thrones I have a very big love/hate relationship with so I wouldn't rank them.
[Reply]
rebelknight 04:04 PM 01-19-2012
Using a mix of both networks in order i like:

Six feet under
Dexter
californication
Flight of the concords
Game of thrones
Entourage
Weeds
Curb your enthusiasm
true blood

That's how I'm feeling today but those ranks change daily. I have to watch some of those other shows like sopranos and oz that were a bit before my time
[Reply]
Wanger 08:49 AM 01-20-2012
Wife and I went to a Halloween party as Khal Drogo and Daenerys Targaryen from Game of Thrones this year. One of our favorite shows.
[Reply]
OLS 08:57 AM 01-20-2012
Band of Brothers is the measuring stick for sure, for me. But right now, and granted, I am only through the
second episode, but I DIG Game of Thrones. It takes balls to make a period show that far back but the payoff
is tremendous. There is so much to like about the show, and again, it could all fall apart any time now, lots of shows
are great in the beginning. I know I am going to watch 2-3 more this weekend and start in on Homeland.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 08:59 AM 01-20-2012
Originally Posted by rebelknight:
Using a mix of both networks in order i like:

Six feet under
Dexter
californication
Flight of the concords
Game of thrones
Entourage
Weeds
Curb your enthusiasm
true blood

That's how I'm feeling today but those ranks change daily. I have to watch some of those other shows like sopranos and oz that were a bit before my time
:-) Me and the wife have been watching all the seasons on dvd!
[Reply]
Carmack 11:10 AM 01-22-2012
Six Feet Under is really good if you're into dramas. The mother is super annoying though (she plays the old Nanny in American Horror Story)
[Reply]
mase 04:00 PM 01-23-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
HBO
The Wire is the best show ever, period.
Amen
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:17 AM 01-24-2012
Eastbound and Down returns Feb. 19th. Looking forward to that. Also Luck looks interesting...
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 07:57 AM 02-02-2012
Was hoping Luck would be better... I'll watch another episode though.
[Reply]
Bill86 07:59 AM 02-02-2012
Awesome, they still calling season 3 of EB&D the finale season?

I enjoyed the first season, second wasn't bad.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:03 AM 02-02-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:
Awesome, they still calling season 3 of EB&D the finale season?

I enjoyed the first season, second wasn't bad.
I liked the first season better than the second. I'm looking forward to season 3. Should be hilarious:-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:42 AM 02-27-2012
Anyone watching the new EBAD season? Pretty good so far I think.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:47 AM 02-27-2012
I finished The Wire on Wednesday. I think it is one of the best series that I have ever seen.
[Reply]
mase 09:09 AM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
I finished The Wire on Wednesday. I think it is one of the best series that I have ever seen.
It's incredible, isn't it?
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:20 AM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by mase:
It's incredible, isn't it?
It is amazing how many different things they touch on. The characters were great too. Bubs was great. I thought it was funny how Omar would whistle the song to The Farmer In The Dell when walking thru the alleys :-)
[Reply]
mase 09:27 AM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by elderboy02:
It is amazing how many different things they touch on. The characters were great too. Bubs was great. I thought it was funny how Omar would whistle the song to The Farmer In The Dell when walking thru the alleys :-)
Everyone has faults. You end up loving the drunk cops (Bunk and McNulty). You even end up liking some of the criminals (Omar, Wallace, Sobotka). I loved when Omar testified in court. My favorite drama of all time.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 09:30 AM 02-27-2012
SHowtime has 2 series I am addicted to:

Shameless
House of Lies
[Reply]
elderboy02 09:36 AM 02-27-2012
Originally Posted by mase:
Everyone has faults. You end up loving the drunk cops (Bunk and McNulty). You even end up liking some of the criminals (Omar, Wallace, Sobotka). I loved when Omar testified in court. My favorite drama of all time.
Omar testifying in court was awesome.

Levy: "So you make your living off of drug dealers"
Omar: "Just like you"

Oh Snap!!!! :-)
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 06:19 PM 03-04-2012
New episode of EBaD tonight.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up