Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 12 of 13
« First < 2101112 13 >
Health and Fitness>P90X Workout
hammondc 08:49 AM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by BigBruce:
I used p90x when I was getting ready for my tough mudder. Besides Tony Horton being annoying it really helped. I also added in weight training and a lot of running. As for the tough mudder it was great. I can't wait to do another one. :-)
How was the electroshock at the end of the Tough Mudder? Where was yours?
[Reply]
Stephen 09:29 AM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
mmm, good timing. I've been debating adding P90X to help get ready for tough mudder...
Found out a couple of weeks ago that one is coming to my area next year. Already started working on putting a team together.:-)
[Reply]
sofaman 12:45 PM 02-05-2012
Just finished the 1st phase of P90X 2 the foundation phase and it was very diffrent from p90x it realy hits all of your weekneses, Tomorrow I move on to the strength phase and I cant wait to start lifting agian!!!
[Reply]
Negncic 01:07 PM 02-05-2012
I am seriously considering buying and starting the P90x and I'm looking for some advice from people who have used the workout. From what little I know about it there is a large emphasis on pull-ups. I have doubts about me being able to do pull-ups due to a shoulder surgery. Is there a heavy emphasis on pull-ups? if so does he suggest alternatives to pull-ups? If not, is the workout worth it if I have to skip the pullups?
Thank you in advance
[Reply]
Negncic 02:18 PM 02-05-2012
Originally Posted by Negncic:
I am seriously considering buying and starting the P90x and I'm looking for some advice from people who have used the workout. From what little I know about it there is a large emphasis on pull-ups. I have doubts about me being able to do pull-ups due to a shoulder surgery. Is there a heavy emphasis on pull-ups? if so does he suggest alternatives to pull-ups? If not, is the workout worth it if I have to skip the pullups?
Thank you in advance
Also, Would I be better off starting out with Power 90?
[Reply]
Stephen 03:11 PM 02-05-2012
Thank you in advance
If I remember correctly, I believe they show an alternative using resistance bands.
[Reply]
forgop 03:25 PM 02-05-2012
I just finished the Yoga X for the very first time. Holy cow-that sucks. After doing arms and shoulders, you spend the first 45 minutes plus in stuff like downward dog and everything else that further reinforces how sore you are from the day before.

And seriously, who can do the stretch where you reach one hand between their legs and the other behind their back and grasp?
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:56 PM 02-05-2012
Thank you in advance
As an alternative, as suggested, you can use resistance bands. I used them almost exclusively when I started out, and still got a great workout.
Originally Posted by forgop:
And seriously, who can do the stretch where you reach one hand between their legs and the other behind their back and grasp?
I couldn't when I started....but I can now! :-)
[Reply]
Negncic 07:09 PM 02-06-2012
I think I am going to start out with the Power90 and then the P90x. Thanks
[Reply]
BigBruce 12:54 PM 02-07-2012
I did my tough mudder in the mountains of Virginia. Don't worry about the shock it's at the very end. By the time I got there I just wanted to be done :-)
[Reply]
OLS 01:27 PM 02-07-2012
Haha, it's funny to me that the thread is 3.4 years old and no results pictures.
Not that I WOULD post such a photo, I am not even in the pix of you smoking
thread. But it just struck me as funny. I can't do any of that stuff until I
can get my wind up. I either have LC or Emphy. I walk 5-6 miles a day on Friday
and Saturday and about 3 miles a day on four out of five of the other days. But that
seems to be my limit. I know I will never run again. I can do various workouts
with dumbells at home, too, but until I can lose my huge belly, there will be no
exotic workouts for me. Good luck to all of YOU though.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 11:02 AM 02-14-2012
In the second week of P90x2 Phase II, glad to be hitting the resistance workouts again. So far still a heavy concentration on core strength with lots of one-legged & balance moves, even on the weight training days. Longer warm-up & cool downs, but focused intensity while training. Phase I was like Core Synergistics 4 days/week, with a 1 hour 1 legged yoga routine thrown in for fun.

Still good stuff, I'm making progress with my ability to do these very demanding exercises, and I'm already seeing results.
[Reply]
sofaman 05:03 AM 02-15-2012
Gerard, Glad to see you back man I am on week 2 of phase 2 also and I am loving these new workouts also and the results are comming!!!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 09:31 AM 02-26-2012
Originally Posted by OLS:
Haha, it's funny to me that the thread is 3.4 years old and no results pictures.
No results photos yet, but I have been filming my daily progression through the workouts.

Not the best quality video, hopefully it gives you guys an idea of P90x2:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkwzvz-vSgQ
[Reply]
sofaman 05:17 AM 02-27-2012
Great video Gerard! Keep up the good work, Today I am doing V-Sculpt for the first time and I cant wait to do it!!!
[Reply]
sofaman 05:13 PM 03-26-2012
I did PAP Lower for the first time and all I can say is WOW!!!
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:19 AM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by sofaman:
I did PAP Lower for the first time and all I can say is WOW!!!
After 5 weeks of Phase 2, I did 2 weeks of Recovery and mixed in some 5k training for a race last weekend (where I scored a personal best! :-))

Started Phase 3 today myself. Holy crap! I thought I was in shape, that PAP Lower kicked my ass!
[Reply]
sofaman 05:31 PM 03-27-2012
Did PAP Upper today and it was a beast of a workout also but not as tough as lower I should sleep good tonight!!!
[Reply]
forgop 07:01 PM 03-27-2012
I had an MRI done last week due to the tingling I've had from my left shoulder down to my fingers. As expected, I have a bulging disc (didn't catch exactly where it was). Thus, I think I will be going a very light route of rehab before getting back into the program. :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 10:15 AM 03-28-2012
Starting P90x tonight. I'll have to see about transferring the discs to my ipad so I can take it on the road with me.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 13
« First < 2101112 13 >
Up