Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>CigarSpike
Montano 04:34 PM 12-21-2009
I saw this little plastic cigar spike and wondered if it was any good. I emailed the company and asked them for a sample. They sent me one and I figured I'd give it a whirl. I am not affiliated with them in any way.

It has a small hole so you can put it on your key chain. I think mine will go in my wallet. The instruction are pretty easy... stick it in your cigar. I wasn't exactly sure how far to go, and I think I went a little too far. The cap split about a 1/4" on top and below where I inserted the spike.

I wasn't quite sure how the draw would be, from such a small hole. To my surprise the draw was perfect. The small split in the cap did not affect it in any, and did not grow at all during the smoke.

I got a very nice draw from start to finish and think this would be perfect as an emergency tool. They cost $2.99 for a pack of 3, and that includes shipping.

[Reply]
pnoon 04:40 PM 12-21-2009
Uh . . . .

O.K.

I'll pass.
[Reply]
eber 04:43 PM 12-21-2009
I think I'll pass as well, I can't imagine that this would work unless the cigar being "spiked" normally had a really loose draw
[Reply]
Starscream 04:51 PM 12-21-2009
Isn't the guy who sells these a member here already?
[Reply]
Subvet642 05:02 PM 12-21-2009
Ya know, I saw these just today and wondered if anyone had tried them. It seems however, that the same job could be done in a pinch by the point of a pocket knife. :-)
[Reply]
Montano 05:02 PM 12-21-2009
I don't think it's for every day use, but sure beats the heck out of biting off the end :-)
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 05:08 PM 12-21-2009
They are neat but you could the same thing with a pocket knife.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 07:07 PM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by Montano:
I don't think it's for every day use, but sure beats the heck out of biting off the end :-)
Ummm I beg the differ Nick..

Ask all the guys from BABOTL who bits the head off the cigar the most? Hahah I think I've used my cutter a total of 20 times. I've had it over a year now.
[Reply]
kaelaria 07:40 PM 12-21-2009
I did a comparison vid recently, and included the spike vs a punch vs a cutter.
[Reply]
lightning9191 09:03 PM 12-21-2009
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
They are neat but you could the same thing with a pocket knife.
:-) That's what I was thinking.....or a nail, pencil, pen......
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:09 PM 12-21-2009
i'd pay a buck for it, maybe 2 bucks. But certainly no more.
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:15 PM 12-21-2009
I'm with everyone else... I carry a pocketknife on me religiously.... why not that?
[Reply]
MrOneEyedBoh 02:40 AM 12-22-2009
Yeah cigar obsession did a video on comparing the different cuts with different cutters and punches.
[Reply]
tobii3 05:36 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i'd pay a buck for it, maybe 2 bucks. But certainly no more.
Math Fail??

Originally Posted by Montano:
They cost $2.99 for a pack of 3, and that includes shipping.
:-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:20 AM 12-22-2009
And just think, it can double as an emergency guitar pick!

Originally Posted by Adriftpanda:
Ummm I beg the differ Nick..

Ask all the guys from BABOTL who bits the head off the cigar the most? Hahah I think I've used my cutter a total of 20 times. I've had it over a year now.
I think I've only seen you use a cutter once in the last year, and that was at the first herf.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:11 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by kaelaria:
I did a comparison vid recently, and included the spike vs a punch vs a cutter.
That was a good video and a fair comparison, and as I recall the cigarspike came up short...

I got one for free and tried it and it would be good when I want a cigar after just getting of a plane and don't have my cutter (or pocket knife) handy...
[Reply]
s15driftking 09:38 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by tobii3:
Math Fail??

:-)

Missed that! But what would i do with 3?
[Reply]
duckmanco 09:55 AM 12-22-2009
I went for them, especially at 3.00 bucks with shipping and to be honest....... its a hole poker, which almost anything around you anywhere could do the same job. Also, one poke of the cap doesn't produce NEARLY enough of a draw for me..... I don't know how all these people are touting about how perfect the draw is with this thing, but I have not had that experience whatsoever.

All told, it was barely worth the 3.00 to try it out.
[Reply]
Starscream 11:22 AM 12-22-2009
Originally Posted by andysutherland:
Bump for this question. Anybody know if the retailer is a member here?
[Reply]
T.G 11:26 AM 12-22-2009
Bump for this question. Anybody know if the retailer is a member here?
I think he is, but I can't recall the handle offhand.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up