Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Lighters other than a PB-207?
bobarian 11:31 PM 12-06-2009
PM sent. Sometime DE can be slow shipping but I really like their lighters.
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 08:44 AM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I suggest the Guang Da.
I had one of these that I used for over a year, and couldn't kill it. I finally gave it away to someone who needed a lighter.

The lighters at DealExtreme work surprisingly well, given their cost.
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:58 AM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by chenvt:
So I'm looking for lighters other than a PB-207 to use.. I have the little ronsons, but looking for a bit more powerful of a flame and with more fuel capacity.. I've seen folks with the massive lighters that look like they belong on crack pipes more than cigars, but they seem to get the job done, have a big tank, and won't crap out on me..
This is really hard to answer before we know how much you want to spend. There are lots of inexpensive lighters that work well, but look cheap. If that's OK, then from your previous post, it looks like you're set.

If you want something that works well and looks good and is not plastic, I would suggest looking at some of the Lotus lighters. They work well, hold up well (lots of abuse rattling around in my pocket, lots of use at a herf), and have proved to be quite reliable. They are not made of plastic and look good.
[Reply]
aich75013 09:13 AM 12-07-2009
.although trying to order, there doesnt' seem to be a discount when you buy 3
When you look at your cart, there shuold be a link that says
Enable BULKRATE Prices. This will give a discount for the order on the left, but it also adds $1.70 to the order.
So, if you are ordering 3, this doesn't help. It helps on 4 or more.

What is Bulk Rate? BulkRate is a semi-wholesale system with items priced separately from retail. When you use bulk rates, a flat $1.70 registered air mail fee will automatically be added to your cart to ensure delivery of package. While BulkRate's intention is to offer cheaper prices when you buy in bulk, because it is priced separately it on occassions show a higher than retail price. That's why we ask you to enter BULKRATE as a coupon code to manually activate the rates. You can always opt not to use the bulk rates. If you are looking for wholesale prices please feel free to contact us.

[Reply]
chenvt 05:55 PM 12-07-2009
thanks for the advice, guys.. I ordered 2 of the guang dos. see how those work out!
[Reply]
acruce 07:36 PM 12-07-2009
I use a Vector double torch lighter works great , looks good..:-)
[Reply]
timo 07:53 PM 12-07-2009
Ronson's are a decent lighter, but have little fuel capacity and no way to see the fuel level. I suggest the Guang Da. Under $2.00 when you buy 3. http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179

PM me your addy Dan and I will send you a Ronson and a Guang Da for comparison. :-)
bobarian sent me these two lighters. You can't beat the Guang Da for the money. My Xikar is very lonely. Thanks again bob
[Reply]
Wanger 08:49 PM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
the coolest ligher i've ever used in terms of versatility....

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=21896
I've go one of those too, and it's become a favorite. :-)
[Reply]
Trex 10:11 PM 12-07-2009
Ronson's are a decent lighter, but have little fuel capacity and no way to see the fuel level. I suggest the Guang Da. Under $2.00 when you buy 3. http://dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179

PM me your addy Dan and I will send you a Ronson and a Guang Da for comparison. :-)
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Going to buy some i get my paycheck.
[Reply]
chenvt 11:15 PM 12-07-2009
Originally Posted by Trex:
Sweet. Thanks for the info. Going to buy some i get my paycheck.
at those prices, check your couch cushions :-)
[Reply]
havanajohn 09:10 PM 12-12-2009
thanks for the advice, guys.. I ordered 2 of the guang dos. see how those work out!
Thanks for the advice. I ordered 5 of the single flame, and 2 of the triple flame. At these prices if they stop working, you just toss em. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up