Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Traveling with cigars, need help!
fred 10:47 AM 12-18-2009
this sounds like a student exchange program, yes?

IMO, part of that experience is to expore the other country/culture. to me, that includes buying local.

sure you got sticks at home but they are just going to age and get better. buy local and try to meet up with some of the local members (who will likely bomb you into next week :-))

congratulations and enjoy your experience. i lived in Germany for 4 years as a child and treasure the memories.
[Reply]
druturn 01:32 PM 12-18-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
Hmmm, A few thoughts comcerning your school.
1. You chose to go there.
2. Regardless as to how BS the rules are, they are their rules and you have agreed to them by attending.
3. I would be extremely leary with the cost of schools, scholoships, etc of being kicked out over someone seeing you with a $5 cigar. If they are that anal about it and your going to be in closer contact with your group than you would be possibly in the States, it's going to be much harder to hide than in the States.
4. I would ship them over to our Dutch friends (should they be willing) and arrange to get them once your there. Beats your Professor looking at a 15 ct humi opened up at customs. You know your situation best, but seriously consider the ramifications of being caught and suspended/expelled. If the school is paying for the trip and your caught, would you have to come home? Pay for the trip? You know your situation best. Good luck.
It's really not the rules or university that I am angry at, I knew and accepted to follow those rules before I chose to go there, yes. Really what bothers me is the ambiguity of the rules, specifically for the study abroad program. If the cigars were found, the most that would happen would be a slap on the wrist and being asked to throw the cigars out. It is definitely a risk bringing cigars with me, it wouldn't get me sent home or even suspended, but it wouldn't be a great way to kick off the semester with my profs. However, you brought up a great idea that I didn't even think of, if I could find a BOTL somewhere near Berlin or Leipzig that is willing to accept some incoming cigars and keep them humidified for a few days, I would gladly pay them handsomely in cigars!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up