Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Best way to keep humidity for drawers
Joseywales 05:26 PM 12-11-2009
I just picked up a Pompeii with 6 or 7 drawers. It came with the original (non-digital) Cigar Oasis. Seems to work fine. However, in order to operate the Oasis, I need to remove 2 drawers. What are the best humidity beads, perhaps in tubes, that I can use to keep RH?

I've read where folks put a bead tube on each drawer. What kind are they? And is that the best strategy?
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 06:06 PM 12-11-2009
Beads. Some in the top, bottom and center. Should work out fine.
[Reply]
T.G 06:07 PM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Joseywales:
What are the best humidity beads, perhaps in tubes, that I can use to keep RH?

I've read where folks put a bead tube on each drawer. What kind are they? And is that the best strategy?
Check with shilala, he makes them and sells them:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ighlight=beads

Or Heartfelt.com has some beads in tubes, or you can buy the beads and tubes seprately - they are running a sale right now too.
Here's the sale info:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...ight=heartfelt
[Reply]
Joseywales 06:15 PM 12-11-2009
Thanks. Do you think one every other drawer should do it? Placing one in every drawer gets pricey.
[Reply]
T.G 06:42 PM 12-11-2009
Originally Posted by Joseywales:
Thanks. Do you think one every other drawer should do it? Placing one in every drawer gets pricey.
*shrug* I don't know what the humidor you have looks like or how large it is. I'm assuming that the drawers are slotted in some fasion for air circulation, so sure, start with every other or just three drawers as NCRadioman sugguested. You can always add more later.

Or you can buy bulk beads from heartfelt and just get a few toothbrush tubes from wal-mart, k-mart, target, etc for a buck each, and drill a bunch of holes in them, then fill them and tape them shut. Or travel soap dishes and do the same, or empty small jars for holding cosmetics and drill the lids, etc...
[Reply]
Joseywales 08:39 PM 12-11-2009
Gotcha. Yes, each drawer has pletny of holes for circulation.

That answers the question of what am I really paying for. I actually have choke tubes that for too long and have used them in my desktop. I drilled holes in them and stood them up.

thanks
[Reply]
timatraw 07:58 AM 01-11-2010
cant access the above sites.
do I need a certain number of posts?
thanks.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:00 AM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by timatraw:
cant access the above sites.
do I need a certain number of posts?
thanks.
Certain forums are restricted from new members. Stick around. Contribute to our community. Eventually, other doors will open.
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:02 PM 01-11-2010
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan:
Beads. Some in the top, bottom and center. Should work out fine.
I have a seven drawer humi and use Scott's (Shilala) beads in the top, center, and bottom drawers...keeps me rock solid at 64% like a champ!! :-)
[Reply]
Up