Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Waxing Moon is awesome
Humpdebump 10:17 PM 03-03-2011
[Reply]
Humpdebump 10:19 PM 03-03-2011
Haha, thanks guys. Sipping sweat off my forehead but I think I got it now. Thanks for all the help and patience. Thanks for comments too :-)
[Reply]
Humpdebump 10:20 PM 03-03-2011
[Reply]
Bill86 10:23 PM 03-03-2011
Originally Posted by Humpdebump:
Haha, thanks guys. Sipping sweat off my forehead but I think I got it now. Thanks for all the help and patience. Thanks for comments too :-)
No worries man, glad you got it now :-) Great looking humi too :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 05:08 AM 03-04-2011
That is stunning! Enjoy!
[Reply]
pnoon 06:39 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by thecatch83:

Come on Chris......represent for the newbs!

And by all means, show us a picture of your humidor empty because rumor has it, that seems to work out well in here......
That may be true. But fishing is not exactly the best way to earn respect here.
:-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 07:03 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by pnoon:
insert sarcasm....which went way over everyone's head! :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 07:52 AM 03-04-2011
uh...o.k.

Unfortunately, my post was not sarcastic - the point of which I think you missed.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
md4958 08:12 AM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by massphatness:
Congrats on the new humi. Waxing Moon does a nice job.

FWIW, and this is NOT directed at you, Chris, just responding to a post in the thread -- it makes me a little uncomfortable to think that guys would post pics of their empty humidors hoping to encourage a bomb or two. That's called "fishing" and is diametrically opposed to what most brothers here stand for. This place is one of the most generous in the world of cigar forums. I have personally experienced the generosity of a good many brothers here, but I chafe a bit at those who try to get something for nothing. Give to this community, and the returns will plentiful. It may even include cigars, but it will most assuredly include some very strong friendships.

Sorry to hijack your thread a bit, Chris. Again it was not directed at you in any way, but there's been some off-putting statements made in the forums recently, and I've had just about my fill of it.

So by all means, post your empty humis to your heart's content. But do it to show off your prized new toy (as Chris has done) and not in the hopes that some CA Santa Claus is gonna send a stocking full of sticks.

[/RANT]
[Reply]
CigarNut 09:40 AM 03-04-2011

Come on Chris......represent for the newbs!

And by all means, show us a picture of your humidor empty because rumor has it, that seems to work out well in here......
Originally Posted by pnoon:
It may very well be that you were being sarcastic, and maybe people that know you knew that you were being sarcastic, but for those of us that don't know you your comment came off as promoting fishing and mooching.

Further, new readers may read your post and think "that's the way it is on CA -- go fishing for sticks by showing your empty humi".

I'm not trying to pick on you, but if you want people to read sarcasm into your post -- use a smiley or be explicit by saying "just being sarcastic", or maybe just skip the comment...

Just my :-)
[Reply]
thecatch83 06:01 PM 03-04-2011
Fair enough. My humble apologies:-)
[Reply]
md4958 06:07 PM 03-04-2011
Fair enough! Maybe the 11 should add a sticky regarding the correct protocol when using smileys in regards to replying with sarcasm.
Maybe they didnt think they would have to spell it out to folks.
[Reply]
thecatch83 06:09 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Maybe they didnt think they would have to spell it out to folks.
see edit :-)

And are we really in here splitting hairs about what's sarcastic, and what is inapropriate?
[Reply]
md4958 06:20 PM 03-04-2011
see edit :-)

And are we really in here splitting hairs about what's sarcastic, and what is inapropriate?
In this circumstance, I would say yes.

However, I think this thread has been jacked enough already. If you would like me to explain to you how things "used to be" please PM me, I would be happy to share. This offer applies to anyone.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 06:53 PM 03-04-2011
Did I mention waxingmoon is awesome, she's seasoning right now :-)
[Reply]
md4958 06:55 PM 03-04-2011
Did I mention waxingmoon is awesome, she's seasoning right now :-)
Beautiful humi Chris. I hope you enjoy it for many years!

Did I mention there is a New England herf happening in Worcester on April 2nd?
[Reply]
Blueface 07:00 PM 03-04-2011
Nice humi!
Enjoy in good health.
[Reply]
Humpdebump 12:15 AM 03-05-2011
Originally Posted by md4958:
Beautiful humi Chris. I hope you enjoy it for many years!

Did I mention there is a New England herf happening in Worcester on April 2nd?
Now I know this is really going to sound like a noon but I have to ask so I know. What exactly is a herf, and also, I know b&m is my local shop but what do the initials stand for. BE NICE :-)
[Reply]
ABNMP619 12:59 AM 03-05-2011
Nice pics!
[Reply]
Neens 01:24 AM 03-05-2011
Now I know this is really going to sound like a noon but I have to ask so I know. What exactly is a herf, and also, I know b&m is my local shop but what do the initials stand for. BE NICE :-)
A herf is a cigar party in a sense. Some people who enjoy smoking getting together to relax and enjoy each others company.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up