Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 567 89 > Last »
General Discussion>Anyone seriosuly looking at the new DROID?
AD720 03:07 PM 01-06-2010
Originally Posted by systm:
If anything just more like software updates for existing OSes, at least in terms of buggines. I think that when 2.1 and beyond becomes more feature rich, people/corps will drop the UI mods, even though they look great most features are now in by default.
:-) I've seen this happen with WinMo 6.5. It seems that microsoft saw a lot of what people were tweaking/adding on to 6.1 and implemented that at an OS level.
[Reply]
Darrell 10:41 AM 01-08-2010
Anyone using a Twitter app on DROID?

I have Twidroid, but I cannot click on peoples photos in their tweets. When I do it brings up the Twidroid menu.

Ideas?
[Reply]
King James 10:58 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Anyone using a Twitter app on DROID?

I have Twidroid, but I cannot click on peoples photos in their tweets. When I do it brings up the Twidroid menu.

Ideas?
a few months old, but possibly some options:
http://mashable.com/2009/10/23/android-twitter-apps/
[Reply]
Darrell 11:16 AM 01-08-2010
Originally Posted by King James:
a few months old, but possibly some options:
http://mashable.com/2009/10/23/android-twitter-apps/
It magically works now. :-)
[Reply]
Darrell 04:18 PM 03-10-2010
Has anyone had any issues with e-mail? I sent Danielle a photo on 2/16 and it just showed up today in her inbox. WTF?
[Reply]
spectrrr 05:24 PM 03-10-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Has anyone had any issues with e-mail? I sent Danielle a photo on 2/16 and it just showed up today in her inbox. WTF?
No problems with the gmail side of things. I am not using the corporate app.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 05:44 PM 03-10-2010
I didn't read through all the posts in the thread but what are you guys paying a month for service? I see that the droids are buy one get one free now, and both the contracts are up for the fiancee and myself in October, we both have Verizon right now, but aren't going to change anything till after the wedding.

I saw that Verizon lowered their unlimited talk plan to $69 recently, and then that sprint just lowered their talk/messaging/data plan to $69 a month so hopefully Verizon follows suit.
[Reply]
GreekGodX 03:54 AM 03-11-2010
4/12 I'm eligible for an upgrade :-)

Palm Pixie Plus, Droid, or hopefully the Nexus will be an option :-)
[Reply]
AD720 06:39 AM 03-11-2010
Originally Posted by GreekGodX:
4/12 I'm eligible for an upgrade :-)

Palm Pixie Plus, Droid, or hopefully the Nexus will be an option :-)
Rumor mill says March 27th. :-)
(I'm due up on the 11th!)
[Reply]
AD720 04:28 PM 04-05-2010
March 27th has come and gone...

I finally broke down and bought a barely used Droid Eris (should be here in the next couple days) to hold me over until the N1 (or even better, the HTC Incredible) lands on the big red V.

The rumor mill says mid-April should bring the 2.1 update to the Eris.
[Reply]
kgoings 05:08 PM 04-05-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
March 27th has come and gone...

I finally broke down and bought a barely used Droid Eris (should be here in the next couple days) to hold me over until the N1 (or even better, the HTC Incredible) lands on the big red V.

The rumor mill says mid-April should bring the 2.1 update to the Eris.
My droid got the 2.1 this morning
[Reply]
Titan410 05:09 PM 04-05-2010
Originally Posted by kgoings:
My droid got the 2.1 this morning
Me too. So far I like it. Ive heard about some issues with video lagging but havent tried video yet myself.
[Reply]
King James 05:24 PM 04-05-2010
I did the manual update last week. the live wallpapers are cool and I like google earth. Also pinch to zoom is finally here
[Reply]
kgoings 05:29 PM 04-05-2010
Live wallpapers are SIC!
[Reply]
AD720 02:58 PM 04-08-2010
Got my Eris today, it's great. :-)

I'll I am really missing from 2.1 is Google Voice integration and Google Navigation. Not compelling enough to get me to try to use one of the leaked 2.1 ROMs floating around. I'll wait a bit and see.
[Reply]
King James 03:49 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by AD720:
Got my Eris today, it's great. :-)

I'll I am really missing from 2.1 is Google Voice integration and Google Navigation. Not compelling enough to get me to try to use one of the leaked 2.1 ROMs floating around. I'll wait a bit and see.
I know for the Droid at least you can manual update it and it isn't a hacked version or anything, is the full version. Not sure if that is the same for the Eris but maybe worth checking out
[Reply]
AD720 04:12 PM 04-08-2010
I know for the Droid at least you can manual update it and it isn't a hacked version or anything, is the full version. Not sure if that is the same for the Eris but maybe worth checking out
Once it is "out there", being pushed over the air I think that is possible but it isn't even being pushed yet.
[Reply]
spectrrr 04:17 PM 04-08-2010
You won't have any luck on that one. The Droid has the manual option because some folks captured the official update file and published it themselves. For the Eris, there is no official update file yet.
[Reply]
King James 04:19 PM 04-08-2010
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
You won't have any luck on that one. The Droid has the manual option because some folks captured the official update file and published it themselves. For the Eris, there is no official update file yet.
gotcha :-)
[Reply]
Titan410 12:36 PM 04-10-2010
The android 2.1 on the Droid is awesome! Sending a text, email, setting a calendar appointment by voice is worth getting the phone, oh yeah, and it makes calls well too.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 567 89 > Last »
Up