Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>La Aroma de Cuba belicoso
Don Fernando 10:15 AM 11-24-2010
These handmade cigars are made by Don Pepin Garcia for Ashton, just like the San Cristobal and Benchmade, two great smokes. The La Aroma de Cuba is made from Nicaraguan tobacco with a broadleaf Connecicut wrapper and has a nice classic cigar band.

The wrapper of this 5½x52 cigar has a nice mocha color, it is also oily and contains a few minor veins. I smell wood and straw when I hold the cigar under my nose. The construction feels good and the predraw is fine. I taste peppery raisin. The head of this torpedo is short and blunt.

I taste a powerful peppery cofee with herbs and a sweetness. After an inch I taste cedar with the herbs, the flavors are mild spicy. The spiciness disappears though and the structure of the flavors becomes mild creamy. The creaminess disappears quickly too.

The cigar is still mild spicy with flavors of herbs and cedar with some pepper that slowly grows in strength. After ⅝ I also taste some nuts with the pepper, herbs and cedar. The structure of the flavors becomes mild creamy again. The cigar gets more spicier until it is time to put the nub to rest.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and a half. The ash is almost white and medium firm. This full flavored and medium bodied cigar produced a lot of thick white smoke. I had to correct the burn a few times, but the draw was good.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes, especially now they are available in The Netherlands.

Appearance: 8 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
Mr B 10:17 AM 11-24-2010
Very nice review and pics Ferdie. I like this one too. Especially the Lancero.

Thanks
[Reply]
kelmac07 10:18 AM 11-24-2010
Another fine review brother!! :-)
[Reply]
Ogre 10:55 AM 11-24-2010
Thanks Ferdi. I have liked everything I have had by La Aroma.
[Reply]
STEVE S 11:02 AM 11-24-2010
Very nice review, thank you for sharing your taste buds and pictures.
[Reply]
TripleF 11:03 AM 11-24-2010
And that's the Edicion Especial....wait til you try the NEW BLEND :-)

Great review bro!
[Reply]
rizzle 01:34 PM 11-24-2010
Originally Posted by Mr B:
Very nice review and pics Ferdie. I like this one too. Especially the Lancero.

Thanks
My fave as well.
[Reply]
BFallehy 02:56 PM 11-24-2010
Great review. :-)

This is one of my faverite sticks, especialy the belicoso. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 03:11 PM 11-24-2010
Great review Ferdie! Love these sticks.
[Reply]
Up