Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>1926 Padron 80 year Maduro
lyle23 03:00 PM 09-28-2010
This weekend i went into a cigar shop and happened to see a bunch of these. My girl watched me pick this thing up,saw the look on my face and told me to get it, her treat. My question, to all of y'all that have smoked this is, what are your thoughts of this stick? I have it sitting and i am waiting for the right time to smoke it.
[Reply]
Nickerson 03:38 PM 09-28-2010
In my honest opinion... Padron makes the best cigars in the world, even including cigars from the island that shall not be named.

Their classic line is not only affordable, but superb flavor and construction.

Their anniversary lines are some of the best cigars made today. I love Maduro's and Padron makes the best Maduro's. Most of their normal cigars in the 1926 and 1964 series are pretty affordable at $8.00 - $14.00 for a cigar. Well worth the price as they are one of the best cigars you will ever have. The 40th, 80th and a few of their other ones can carry a $25.00 to $35.00 price tag, but are worth the money for a rare treat. I wouldn't say they are 'that' much better than the normal cigars in the 1926 series, but they are better. For that little bit of extra enjoyment it will cost ya.

Bottom line. Padron is the best.

Save this stick for a special occasion.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 03:45 PM 09-28-2010
I've smoked everything from pre-embargo clear havanas to aged cubans to aged NCs and fresh NCs and I still consider the Padron 80th Maduro one of the 2 best cigars I've ever smoked the other one being a 1970s Bolivar PC. The 80th maduro I smoked was an original release aged for well over a year and it was amazing... I wished I wrote a review on it :-)
[Reply]
E.J. 03:57 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by lyle23:
i am waiting for the right time to smoke it.
No better time than the present.....:-)
[Reply]
amlique 04:33 PM 09-28-2010
Cory and Steve, you guys make me want to go out right now and find/smoke one. THAT good?
[Reply]
SNKBYT 04:56 PM 09-28-2010
like stated above PADRON is top shelf :-):-)
[Reply]
maverickdrinker 05:49 PM 09-28-2010
smoke it on your anniversary with your girlfriend.
[Reply]
CigarGuy88 05:54 PM 09-28-2010
IMO yes. If you can afford to spend the money and you like the Padron Anniversary profile then no question about it :-)

Originally Posted by amlique:
Cory and Steve, you guys make me want to go out right now and find/smoke one. THAT good?

[Reply]
CigarNut 07:04 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by CigarGuy88:
I've smoked everything from pre-embargo clear havanas to aged cubans to aged NCs and fresh NCs and I still consider the Padron 80th Maduro one of the 2 best cigars I've ever smoked the other one being a 1970s Bolivar PC. The 80th maduro I smoked was an original release aged for well over a year and it was amazing... I wished I wrote a review on it :-)
The 80 Year Maduro is truly a remarkable -- and memorable cigar.

-- Enjoy it!

BTW, you have a great girlfriend!
[Reply]
Nickerson 07:41 PM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by amlique:
I've yet to try the 80th but have heard nothing but great things. I've had the 40th Maduro which is one of the best, if not the best, cigars I've ever had. I have another
in the humidor waiting for a specially occasion.

If you haven't already, give their normal cigars in the 1926 line a try. I'm not sure what is different in the blend for the 40th and 80th, but I know they are different sizes.

Serious has great prices on singles.

http://www.seriouscigars.com/Padron_Cigars_list

The 1926 #35 which is 4"x47 is a great size for a short smoke. I prefer the #6 which is 4.75"x50.

The 1964 series is a bit cheaper, and about as good in my opinion.

Wish I had the money to pick me up some. They are the best.
[Reply]
mash 08:05 PM 09-28-2010
This is a fabulous cigar. The other remarkable thing about it is the construction and burn. I was smoking one on a Sunday night, and realized I had to fill up my car before the stations closed. I left it burning for 20 minutes while I gassed up. Got home, took a puff on it and it was still going.
They are worth the $ in my opinion.
[Reply]
JJG 09:55 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by mash:
I left it burning for 20 minutes while I gassed up. Got home, took a puff on it and it was still going.
I had a very similar Padron experience. A few years ago I gave a buddy a 64 Ani on New Year's Eve. Mid-way into our smokes, he get a phone call (after midnight). So he puts the cigar down to take the call, finds out his daughter is going into labor, gets dressed and ready to head up to the hospital, and when he comes back outside to grab the cigar and leave, the damn thing was still going! It must have been sitting there for at least 15 minutes, maybe longer. unbelievable!

I say smoke the 80th as soon as you have time to enjoy it uninterrupted with your favorite beverage. There's no need to hold it for a super special occasion.
I'm sure it's burning a hole in your humidor. :-)
[Reply]
shilala 10:03 AM 09-29-2010
Amazing cigar. When they're new, they honestly have too much ass for me. I have to let them settle down a bit before I can smoke them, which is kind of silly. I can handle a fresh 26 anni, and it's so similar to a year old 80th that it's a shame to do that to such an amazing cigar.
[Reply]
coronalogan 11:18 AM 09-29-2010
One of my favorite cigars to date, i've smoke every Padron including the 40th, 44, 45, 46...and the 80th still remains to be my favorite. They are so consistent, and just one of the best tasting smokes in my opinion. But....im a padron fan so my opinion may be a little biased :-)
[Reply]
smelvis 11:24 AM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by CigarNut:
The 80 Year Maduro is truly a remarkable -- and memorable cigar.

-- Enjoy it!

BTW, you have a great girlfriend!

Ditto I like better than the 40/45 ect.. 80 is king to me. next the 26
[Reply]
MiamiE 12:34 PM 09-29-2010
Www.cigarsatyourprice.com is a great start!
[Reply]
lyle23 06:24 PM 09-29-2010
Thank you all for your input. I have had a few different padrons but they were all in the X000's line. I am yet to try the 26's and the 64's cuz the shop that i go too marks those lines up soo much its ridiculous. They are charging 40 or more for one of the 26's, not sure which one it was. They had done this cuz they read in cigar aficianado that they are rated soo high and are soo damn popular. As far as everything else though this shop is priced pretty much consistant with their pricing. After reading how everyone feels here, i am tempted to smoke it right now! I am gonna save it for my birthday, which is only a few weeks. Anniversary with my girl is in may. Cant wait that long.

Cigarnut said i have a great girlfriend, and you have no idea how right you are man. My bday present from her is a trip to the dominican republic! By far the best birthday presents i have ever been given.
[Reply]
Chingas 06:42 PM 09-29-2010
Ole. Smoke the damn thing! You need more all you gotta do is drive north 20 minutes, I'll set you up. You should have told me you never had one...

You and your girl are really going abroad! Call me, we got to talk before you leave!

Enjoy the smoke. Do a review and let us know what you think.
[Reply]
lyle23 08:48 PM 09-29-2010
Chingas, i will call you, we need to meet up sometime and have a smoke together. I got one for ya. I have some time before i go, the trip is in january. I am prolly gonna smoke it on my birthday like i said. Only like 2 weeks. Im gonna grab myself a 6 pack of some sort of octoberfest and spark that bad boy. I will post on what i thought of it.
[Reply]
Nickerson 08:52 PM 09-29-2010
Originally Posted by lyle23:
Thank you all for your input. I have had a few different padrons but they were all in the X000's line. I am yet to try the 26's and the 64's cuz the shop that i go too marks those lines up soo much its ridiculous. They are charging 40 or more for one of the 26's, not sure which one it was. They had done this cuz they read in cigar aficianado that they are rated soo high and are soo damn popular. As far as everything else though this shop is priced pretty much consistant with their pricing. After reading how everyone feels here, i am tempted to smoke it right now! I am gonna save it for my birthday, which is only a few weeks. Anniversary with my girl is in may. Cant wait that long.

Cigarnut said i have a great girlfriend, and you have no idea how right you are man. My bday present from her is a trip to the dominican republic! By far the best birthday presents i have ever been given.
May have been the 40th or 80th.

try http://seriouscigars.com

You can get singles at great prices.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up