Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Alec Bradley Cigars
Nickerson 01:46 PM 09-25-2010
I've never actually tried an Alec Bradley cigar... I've heard quite a few good things about his various blends, but have yet to actually try one.

So a few days ago when browsing CigarAuctioneer, I came across a box of the Alex Bradley Sun Grown Robusto's. I believe it is a famous exclusive. Sun grown wrappers are one of my favorites, right next to Maduro. These things look excellent. They should be here by Tuesday or Wednesday.

$55.00 for a box of 20, hard to beat that.

Anyone enjoy Alec Bradley cigars?
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:59 PM 09-25-2010
Love me some Tempus and Sun Growns!!! :-)

Didn't care for the Family Blend. :-)
[Reply]
thebayratt 02:05 PM 09-25-2010
I like the Overture and the Harvest Blend, had one Tempus and wasn't too impressed... but will try it again and maybe I just got a bad stick.
I like the family blend, for a good price point.

The Sungrown is one I have been eyeing up too at Famous. May have to get a 5er and see.
[Reply]
kugie 02:09 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:

Tempest "yummy"
and the SCR

Got a five pack sampler fron joe cigar
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 02:33 PM 09-25-2010
I like the Tempus, Prensado and the Family Blend.

Had a SCR and it tasted like bad Chinese food :-)
[Reply]
BeerAdvocate 02:35 PM 09-25-2010
Prensado, Tempus and Family Blend are my favorite.
The Famous Exclusive Sungrown and Overture are great also!
[Reply]
Ferrari5180 03:44 PM 09-25-2010
I got me a 5er of Alec Bradley Prensado's. They will be arriving from Atlantic next week. This will be the first time I try any of these cigars.
[Reply]
weak_link 03:53 PM 09-25-2010
Tempus.
[Reply]
Volcodom 10:18 PM 09-25-2010
Tempus is amazing if you're going to smoke an alec go with the tempus. Also be careful with the maxx that cigar whopped my newbie ass. (didn't barf though so I felt like a winner)
[Reply]
Azaelius 11:03 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by Volcodom:
Tempus is amazing if you're going to smoke an alec go with the tempus. Also be careful with the maxx that cigar whopped my newbie ass. (didn't barf though so I felt like a winner)
lol had the Freak last night. felt a little of its power, but honestly wasn't too bad. Terribly difficult draw, though. could not fix it no matter what I did.

Anyway! I recommend the Tempus as well. only had one but it was quite enjoyable. I also recommend the Maxx The Fix. The Freak is a bit akward and... phallic for most people's tastes.
[Reply]
Dunkel 08:45 AM 09-26-2010
Tempus and Maxx are very good. Family Blend, Prensado, Harvest Selection 1997, and Sun Grown were pretty blah IMO.
[Reply]
mike 08:47 AM 09-26-2010
good to hear, I have a Tempus resting
[Reply]
pinotguy 09:23 AM 09-26-2010
Anyone know anything about his new New York-only cigar, the Empire State edition (or something like that)? I just saw that this will be released on Oct. 1 to NY retailers. I guess this was made out of protest to that state's 75% wholesale tax.
[Reply]
lyle23 04:24 PM 09-26-2010
The Tempus Magestri is one of my favorite smokes. i have had other size tempus and enjoyed each of them. i forget whice ones it was that i had but i do remember enjoying each of them. One of my friends bought a box of the prensado's and said for the cost of them they are a great smoke. i cannot speak about the prensados from my own experience as i am yet to have one. just my 2 cents hope this helps
[Reply]
Ogre 08:57 PM 09-26-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:

I agree, had the Family Blend today, it was good, but not as good at the above.
[Reply]
Dave128 08:13 AM 09-27-2010
I have an SCR in my humi. Can't wait to give it a try.
[Reply]
Kreth 08:52 AM 09-27-2010
Famous carries the Supervisor Selection, which are supposedly Maxx seconds. I smoked through a bundle pretty quickly, great golf smoke! :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
nick2021 08:55 AM 09-27-2010
Like the Tempus out of all the AB cigars...just finished a sampler
[Reply]
safariguy 09:18 AM 09-27-2010
I tried an SCR that I picked up from someone. I am not sure how long it had been resting more than the two months I had it. My first thought was, "This is how cigars should taste." The next day I got a 10 pack on joecigar and I've had two of those since. They were good, but not as good as that first one. Not sure if it had rested more if I just got lucky. But for the price I think I will keep some on hand.
[Reply]
ODLS1 01:39 PM 09-27-2010
I really enjoyed the Tempus I had. I enjoyed both Vice Presses I had. The Special Blend was lighter in pretty much every way then most that I smoke, but I still enjoyed it. Paired it with a Saison beer. I think I've had the SCR and/or Family Blend, but can't remember them. I was given a sampler of 5 or so AB cigars. I do know there wasn't any I didn't care for.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up