Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>601 Blue reblend?
njstone 06:08 PM 09-23-2010
I have no reason to doubt what Eddie himself has said, so I assume the blends won't change other than perhaps a tweak to the Red, as he has said he "wanted" to do (not sure if he has gotten around to it."

I love the 601s, Cubao, Murcielago, and Mi Barrio. I wish none of them was being discontinued. The 601 Black will be missed--that's the fullest-bodied Connecticut cigar I've ever smoked!

This whole mess is just another example of the fact that cigar reps are an outdated mode of sales that need to either tossed out entirely or they need to do their freakin' jobs and get the correct facts to their customers (the shop owners). I

have heard so many negative rumors like this that likely started from either reps not doing their job, spreading rumors, or shop owners not understanding what the reps said (therefore the rep must not have said it clearly). This kind of crap is bad for the industry, and I don't understand why the manufacturers put up with it.
[Reply]
MiamiE 06:51 PM 09-23-2010
Why would EO leave Pepin for Rocky? That's taking a step back instead of forward.
[Reply]
jsnake 06:14 AM 09-24-2010
If you guys want the inside scoop on things sign up at http://forum.eobrands.com and earn points for free cigars and swag for posting. Not to take away from this great forum but Eddie set that forum up and has been giving stuff away and has big plans for more free stuff.

I saw him at IPCPR and he is very much involved with everything and he seems to be very happy with the changes that have come about.
[Reply]
Nickerson 01:48 PM 09-25-2010
From what I heard they are re-blending the Red label only. I know they discontinued the black label, which I was disappointed about cause I had yet to try one, and it isn't high enough on my to try list to go snatching up boxes while they are still available.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:49 PM 09-25-2010
Very curious to see what the new band is gonna look like on the Blue. I LOVE everything about the current one...including the band :-)
[Reply]
Nickerson 06:09 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Very curious to see what the new band is gonna look like on the Blue. I LOVE everything about the current one...including the band :-)
I've seen the bands posted elsewhere... they seem kind of cheap. I much prefer the current bands over the new ones. Though I suppose it is part of their way to cut costs.
[Reply]
elderboy02 07:58 PM 09-25-2010
Join the eoforums that I posted above. He has the pic there of all the new bands :-)
[Reply]
Nickerson 08:18 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by MiamiE:
Why would EO leave Pepin for Rocky? That's taking a step back instead of forward.
They aren't. Pepin is a blender, Rocky is a distributor. They are using Rocky Patel for distribution purposes only.

Rocky Patel has some great cigars, but I do share the common view that over time his quality has gone down in order to produce a quantity of cigars. His best stuff is his earlier releases. Decade, Vintage 1992 & 1990, The Edge, Sun Grown. His newer stuff is still above average, but really nothing great.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:37 AM 09-26-2010
New bands...I liked the old ones better. :-)

[Reply]
elderboy02 10:40 AM 09-26-2010
I like the new bands better. They stand out more.
[Reply]
Kreth 10:52 AM 09-26-2010
New bands...I liked the old ones better. :-)

:-) They look kinda cheesy...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Snake Hips 12:49 AM 09-27-2010
I like the new bands, actually (gladly, "Hardcore" will not be used). I liked the bands as they are now, too. Whatever the case, I don't care. All I care about is the loss of the black label. My favorite Connecticut of all time.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up