Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Rocky Patel Olde World Reserve
TheRuckus13 02:32 PM 09-20-2010
Has anyone else tried this cigar? At my local cigar bar I was given one of these and told I would become an addict, he swore it. Needless to say one day later I went back and bought one. This cigar for me, is absolutely amazing, you guys have to try it if you haven't it absolutely craps on the Vintage series.
[Reply]
357 02:35 PM 09-20-2010
I like the OWR maduros. Naturals no so much.

If you're in the Metro Detroit area, you should stop into our monthly herf. Next one will be 10/12 @ Fuse in downtown Rochester. See this thread for more info:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36079
[Reply]
Bill86 02:39 PM 09-20-2010
IT's my favorite RP
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 02:41 PM 09-20-2010
I have smoked a bunch of that but not in a while. I'm glad you found a stick ya love!!
[Reply]
Kreth 02:43 PM 09-20-2010
They're both nice, but I prefer the maddie...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
dannyboy 02:45 PM 09-20-2010
The maduros are great, as others have said. I do find that I need to pitch it right before it hits the label, as they always seem to turn harsh right about that point. Glad you found a cigar you love...thats what the search is all about:-)
[Reply]
Dunkel 03:51 PM 09-20-2010
RP OWR Maduros are happenin'. I like the Corojo's too but not as much.
[Reply]
jbuck 04:22 PM 09-20-2010
I enjoy both, but perfer the corojo. it is nice to see you have found a cigar you like a lot
[Reply]
TheRuckus13 05:37 PM 09-20-2010
I too enjoy the Maduro much more. The reason I love the cigar is the crazy coffee taste. If you blow some of the smoke through your nostrils I swear it tastes just like a swig of coffee, super good stuff. I messed up coming on the Asylum while smoking though. I let it go out on accident for a couple of minutes. Kind of ruined it even though I got it to re-light :-)
[Reply]
TheRuckus13 05:38 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by 357:
I like the OWR maduros. Naturals no so much.

If you're in the Metro Detroit area, you should stop into our monthly herf. Next one will be 10/12 @ Fuse in downtown Rochester. See this thread for more info:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=36079
Also, I'm way down to come by and check it out. No promises I'll have a cigar though since money is so tight lately, but I'll try my best to come up there. Rochester is about an hour away from me.
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:05 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
RP OWR Maduros are happenin'.

Dynomite!! :-)
[Reply]
Powers 06:22 PM 09-20-2010
I haven't tried that particular RP yet. If you ever get a chance try the RP sungrowns, they are my favorite Patel, particularly the sungrown lanceros.

Glad ya found a good stick though :-)
[Reply]
gnbikes 08:22 PM 09-20-2010
I also love the maduro. Keep your eyes on Cigar Monster(Famous) for the best deals: 5 Toro's $20 shipped is what I normally get them for.
Garry-:-)
[Reply]
Texan in Mexico 08:29 PM 09-20-2010
I used to enjoy the ´92s quite a bit and played around with the OWR as well. I got turned off of the OWR when the wrappers began to bleed onto my fingers, Maybe it was just my box.

Remember this is a never ending Odyssey for alot of us...
[Reply]
borndead1 08:39 PM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico:
I used to enjoy the ´92s quite a bit and played around with the OWR as well. I got turned off of the OWR when the wrappers began to bleed onto my fingers, Maybe it was just my box.
Remember this is a never ending Odyssey for alot of us...

It wasn't just your box. Same thing happened to me. :-)
[Reply]
njstone 10:34 PM 09-20-2010
Both great sticks, though these days I prefer the maduro.

As to the "bleeding" wrappers, that's been pretty widely discussed lately around the web. The RP factory started using water while rolling the cigars a little while ago, this apparently cuts down on wrapper breakage considerably, and speeds up the application of the wrapper. The "side-effect" is that the water seeps out some of the natural color from the maduro, which then gets spread over the leaf by the roller. The end result is that the sticks look very uniform in color, almost dyed.

Personally, I'd prefer RP not do that, even if it cuts down on costs, as I don't like the wrapper bleed effect.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 10:43 PM 09-20-2010
This is probably the only RP that I like. Just smoked one of the OWR maduro lanceros last night, I was fairly surprised. Nice smoke until it got a little hot from me smoking too fast. :-) :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:22 PM 09-20-2010
Have never got around to smoking an OWR to date. Don't know why. Just never have. Seen em' over at the local B&M on many an occassion, but always get distracted towards something else. Maybe I will just have to place some blinders on and make a bee line over to the OWR box next time I visit there...:-)

Oh, glad you found a tasty one. However, there will be others...
[Reply]
n3uka 11:42 PM 09-20-2010
These used to be my favorite. It was like having a chocolate bar. Haven't had one in a while so will have to pick one up next trip to store.

Glad you found a stick you like a lot. :-)
[Reply]
Tredegar 01:28 PM 09-23-2010
I also enjoy the OWR, especially the corojo. I also am a big fan of the Renaissance, Vintage 1990 and Decade lines. Glad you found a decent smoke.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up