Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Just got this press release from Illusione
leafandale 02:57 PM 09-27-2010
Effective immediately, illusione cigars will no longer participate in the Nosotros brand project with Jonathan Drew DBA Drew Estate. After two and a half years, terms for a product delivery date still could not be negotiated. The Nosotros brand/trademark dies in the Drew Estate Factory as per Contractual agreement, and will not be made outside of the factory where it originated.
Dion Giolito
Illusione cigars
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:02 PM 09-27-2010
So, no more Nosotoros cigars?
[Reply]
T.G 08:32 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by Emjaysmash:
So, no more Nosotoros cigars?
Bingo.

--BEGIN

Nosotros Cigar Brand Discontinued
Gregory Mottola
Posted: September 27, 2010

The Nosotros brand of Nicaraguan cigars has been officially discontinued. A collaboration between Illusione brand owner Dion Giolito and Jonathan Drew, the co-founder of Drew Estate, the short-lived Nosotros line was released at the 2009 IPCPR trade show but did not officially go on sale until the Spring of 2010.

Giolito released this statement today announcing the end of the cigar brand, saying the move was effective immediately:

"Illusione cigars will no longer participate in the Nosotros brand project with Jonathan Drew DBA Drew Estate. After two and a half years, terms for a product delivery date still could not be negotiated. The Nosotros brand/trademark dies in the Drew Estate Factory as per contractual agreement, and will not be made outside of the factory where it originated."

Giolito declined to comment any further on the matter.

When asked for comment, Jonathan Drew of Drew Estate said, "It was an interesting experience."

---END

http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfe.../show/id/15595
[Reply]
newlifetaxidermy 08:43 PM 09-27-2010
These are good smokes...hate to see them go. Sounds like some personality conflicts.
[Reply]
Doctorossi 08:47 PM 09-27-2010
B'bye, Nosotros- we hardly knew ye.
[Reply]
elderboy02 08:58 PM 09-27-2010
Dang :-)
[Reply]
sikk50 09:10 PM 09-27-2010
Luckly I only had one and wasn't impressed
[Reply]
AlohaStyle 09:24 PM 09-27-2010
What Jonathan Drew said on another forum today regarding the termination:

Originally Posted by :
That is the story of working in the "Heavy Leaf" business, my friends. One is constantly learning about tobacco and the business which surrounds it. Dion is a good friend, an exception tobacco blender, and an asset to the industry. I will miss working on the project, quite honestly.
JD

[Reply]
MedicCook 09:48 PM 09-27-2010
I was not impressed with them especially at the price they were selling at.
[Reply]
gijoey959 11:44 PM 09-27-2010
Same here, I would rather spend the $20 extra and grab a box of the Epernay Le Matins (at least I think that's what the ones that come in boxes instead of bundles are called xD NHC takes forever to load on my phone, so I can't check) :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 08:00 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
Luckly I only had one and wasn't impressed
:-)
I bought one each for a friend and myself to try.What a waste of 24 dollars.
[Reply]
Darrell 08:41 AM 09-28-2010
These were crap. Good riddance.
[Reply]
T.G 08:43 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:
These were crap. Good riddance.
So you're saying there were definitely no Sir Winnie, eh?
[Reply]
mcmoyer 08:48 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
So you're saying there were definitely no Sir Winnie, eh?
I was kinda trying to get a feel for how he feels about them too.

:-)
[Reply]
Chingas 06:42 PM 09-28-2010
I'll be the oddball. I liked them. I have a few left from a fee different orders. Far from complex and far from strong or full flavored but rather a medium one/two dimensional cigars that was a pleasure to smoke.

I don't remember paying a ridiculous amount for the sticks but I get lost sometimes. If they are that expensive then I'd say their certainly not a value smoke but nonetheless, a stick I enjoy smoking.
[Reply]
Up