All Cigar Discussion>Saint Luis Rey Serie G Double Maduro
jeepthing 07:25 PM 09-26-2010
Cigar Name:
Cigar Size: Belicoso 6 1/8 x 54
Wrapper Type: Connecticut Broadleaf Maduro
Cutter: Wolf Guillotine
Beverage: Ice water
Construction: 9/10
The cigar is built well, very firm with some decent weight to it. Oily, dark wrapper. Great prelight smell
Flavor: 23/25
Great maduro flavor, mocha, coffee and spice. Started a bit on the mild side but flavors finished strong. Eathy notes mixed with sweet spice
Draw: 9/10
Awesome, nice smooth even draw
Burn: 8/10
A bit uneven burn but not horrible. No retouches.
Ash: 5/5
Great salt and pepper ash, Held on for a nice long time
Smoke: 5/5
Nice volumes of white smoke
Impression: 33/35.
I really enjoyed this cigar, love the maduro flavor and oils of the wrapper. Solid cigar with great draw and flavor. Nice aroma.
Overall Rating:92
Love this cigar, must try for a Maduro fan. I have been looking at these for a couple of months at the local B&M. Had them on sale in a 3 pack sampler. Glad I purchased them. Would buy again. Nice oil to the wrapper, feels great in the hand. just a nice all around Maduro. I have smoked 3 of these now and will be buying them again.

[Reply]
jeepthing 07:28 PM 09-26-2010
Mods please move to correct section. My bad
[Reply]
JJG 08:04 PM 09-26-2010
It's ok, reviews get posted here occasionally. no harm, no foul. I'm not even sure a thread move is necessary.

Anyhow, my first EVER box purchase was the SLR Rothchilde Maduros. These and the El Rey Del Mundo line are the cigars I cut my teeth on so to speak, and they hold a special place in my memory.
[Reply]
Snake Hips 12:44 AM 09-27-2010
Honestly, I'm not afraid to say I love this smoke. If one can truly, honestly bring roasted walnuts to mind, these cigars bring that flavor.
[Reply]
scoot 04:46 AM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by Snake Hips:
Honestly, I'm not afraid to say I love this smoke. If one can truly, honestly bring roasted walnuts to mind, these cigars bring that flavor.
I was just about to make a similar comment. The few that I've smoked have given me huge notes of roasted walnuts and little else. I don't think I've ever gotten that flavor from another cigar.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
ODLS1 01:46 PM 09-27-2010
Nice review. I had this a few weeks ago and loved it. I need to pick up another.
[Reply]
lyle23 08:53 AM 09-30-2010
I have to agree that this is a good smoke and for the price they are marked at by me you can't beat it. Its like 6 -7 bux for a 60 gauge church hill. The guy I work with smokes these like its his job and swears by them. Which is why I gave them a shot and I was pleasantly surprised at the flavor it had. Good review.
[Reply]
Up