Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Getting bored...
maninblack 05:38 AM 09-14-2010
I found myself getting bored recently too. But I think it was because I had no new cigars coming in the mail so I bought some of the new Diesel Unlimited's and can't wait to try them! Guess I was getting bored with my stash even though I have a large variety.
[Reply]
klipsch 10:14 AM 09-14-2010
I went through my humis last night and picked out a handful of cigars to smoke. I didn't take out the best of the best, but a few select favorites. I really enjoyed a 1926 #9 natty with some years on it last night. It was stupendous! 5 more sticks in the travel humi that I'm not going to sway from. One a day under nothing but perfect conditions.
I'm pretty sure that it's life that's getting more difficult...and my feelings right now in regards to cigars...is that they aren't fixing it.
[Reply]
alwayslit 10:51 AM 09-14-2010
Walt, revisit some of your old favorites, that might help.
[Reply]
Chingas 06:46 PM 09-14-2010
Walt. I'm glad to hear you had s good experience with your 26! I don't have to tell you that conditions and surrounding atmospheres can make or break a stick. Possible with life in duress, the sticks aren't pulling you out because your smoking with s clouded mindset. Free yourself Brother of these Nasties and I don't think you'll find yourself bored anymore.
[Reply]
Starz26 08:03 PM 09-14-2010
Walt, brother, there seems to be going on more here than we know....Always remember that the brothers here will always help ya out in any way we can.

With regards to the cigars...The hunt lately has been exhausting to me as well. Chasing HTF that vary in profile only slightly from the other HTF release a few times ago. It gets old. Just remember, the hunt can be disappointing, but you can always sell what you do not like and keep what you do.

Maybe time to take a step back and reflect on why you started smoking cigars in the first place. Is that reason still relevant? Has a new reason taken its place? Step back and reflect, then make a path for the future.

I know I speak for many, we are here listening to you, can be there with you supporting you if needed.....

Best wishes for ya Walt!
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 08:09 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by scoot:
It sounds like you might be a bit burnt out. It might be good just to step back for a few weeks and reassess the situation then.
Totally agree here. I've been in your shoes a few times and a break from the cigar action has always helped me.

MCS
[Reply]
yourchoice 08:43 PM 09-14-2010
Walt, stop buying! I'd guess psychologically you may not be enjoying them as much because you're dealing with some $ issues and every time you light up you're thinking about burning the cash. This thread is always a great reminder to not over extend yourself. Not suggesting that you've "over extended your credit", as the thread is really discussing, but for me, if I couldn't afford it, I don't think I would enjoy it as a regular activity (whereas once in a blue-moon, I might...kind of like a high-end meal). :-)
[Reply]
warren G. 08:17 AM 09-20-2010
Originally Posted by MajorCaptSilly:
Totally agree here. I've been in your shoes a few times and a break from the cigar action has always helped me.

MCS
I'm in the same boat with OP. I'm going take a break for now. I'll revisit with a Cohiba Siglo VI in a few weeks.
[Reply]
RMP 07:35 PM 09-21-2010
Originally Posted by klipsch:
If you were here, I'd make YOU smoke an ACID just for suggesting it... :-)

That's exactly what I think it is. Since the release of the Daisy Cutters (how many months ago was that?), I've picked up a total of 8 boxes of cigars, not including another $300 on a NC collection buy out and some aged CC singles...which we'll round up to another 3 boxes worth. So...11 boxes x 25 per box = 275 cigars give or take. Yeah...I've kind of been out of control. :-)
I guess what really put me over the edge, was when I picked up a couple of handfuls of singles recently, and saw what additional cash I was spending on top of the financial hemorrhaging of the past few months. That's probably why I started getting pissy lately about $10+ singles. I think I need to just not buy anymore cigars for a little while. Except for the Padron 46's when I get the word they're in... :-)

Hey klipsch,
I'm new here, but have been around a while on several boards. Chasing the HTF cigars is great; what's better is finding a single cigar you really like for the long term. When you find this cigar, or cigars, it is not at all uncommon to buy 10 boxes , or 5-6 cabs, to put away to age.

The HTF's come and go. You'll never have a lasting relationship with them, you'll just bounce from one to the next at the producers' whims.

Find your core favorites and stock up, because as expensive as cigars are, they'll never be cheaper than they are now.

All the Best,
Mark
[Reply]
warren G. 09:32 PM 09-27-2010
Haha so much for me quitting for a bit. I've been smoking all my favorites lately. I'm definitely back, I had an awesome Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial today.
[Reply]
Chingas 05:19 AM 09-28-2010
Originally Posted by warren G.:
Haha so much for me quitting for a bit. I've been smoking all my favorites lately. I'm definitely back, I had an awesome Jaime Garcia Reserva Especial today.
Thats awesome news Brother!
[Reply]
dwoodward 05:37 AM 09-28-2010
I recently started a list on my laptop that I keep saved. I have a humidor full of samplers, just a hundred or so of individual sticks and 5 packs. I ordered my last cigars a few weeks ago. I am going to smoke thru my entire stash of what I have right now. The list will comprise of any sticks that I want to revisit. I am tired of smoking dog rockets, however, everytime I smoke something great, it brings me back. I am finding a few sticks that are just mind blowing, and in the future, I wont bother with samplers and 5 packs. I will order boxes of what I like. I don't really care what other people like, I am all for suggestions and sampling, but in reality. If you don't like a smoke, you just don't like it. Smoking a few smokes in a row that you don't like can completely kill the whole smoking experience.

My suggestion, grab a favorite stick of yours, and go for a midnight stroll. It's what I have been doing lately, I grab a stick that I know I enjoy and just go for a walk in the middle of the night. It's very relaxing and peaceful and helps relieve all the stresses you gain thru the week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up