Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Viaje Satori
DrDubzz 05:31 PM 09-10-2010
Hey guys, a new shop opened in here in Amarillo and the guy has all things Tatuaje and Viaje in the humi, as well as other boutique stuff.

Are these Satoris reviewing well? It seems they're a one time release, I just wondered if it's worth trying one, he also has the new 50-50s, anyone heard much on those yet?

Thanks
[Reply]
icantbejon 05:51 PM 09-10-2010
I've heard great things about them. We have a B&M up here that sells all things Viaje and a bunch of guys there have been very excited about them. I haven't tried one yet, but I'm waiting impatiently to do so.
[Reply]
muhren 05:54 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by RX2010:
Hey guys, a new shop opened in here in Amarillo and the guy has all things Tatuaje and Viaje in the humi, as well as other boutique stuff.

Are these Satoris reviewing well? It seems they're a one time release, I just wondered if it's worth trying one, he also has the new 50-50s, anyone heard much on those yet?

Thanks
Good Karma Cigar in Amarillo?
[Reply]
DrDubzz 10:39 PM 09-10-2010
Originally Posted by muhren:
that's the one
[Reply]
bigdix 01:32 AM 09-11-2010
Tried buying a couple of the Satori online...but they sold out before they were even available....would love to try one, though!
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 02:04 AM 09-11-2010
Satoris are good, Karma (robusto) was a really good smoke.

The new 50-50 Red is suppose to be a more mild 50-50 Black, and that's all I know about it. Haven't tried it yet, but it should be in soon.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 07:35 AM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by muhren:
ooohh I just noticed who you were

yeah he's got your work up in his shop. I recognized it as yours, but couldn't remember your name at the time. rock on man
[Reply]
Dunkel 07:41 AM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
Tried buying a couple of the Satori online...but they sold out before they were even available....would love to try one, though!
Silo Cigars still has them. I just ordered a box today.:-)
[Reply]
bigdix 11:59 PM 09-11-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Sweet, thanks Doug!! :-)
[Reply]
bigdix 12:05 AM 09-12-2010
Originally Posted by Dunkel:
Apparently I didn't jump fast enough...oh well. I'll get 'em next time!! :-)
[Reply]
Chingas 11:42 AM 09-12-2010
I had a Satori yesterday and will take down a 50/50 Red after breakfast.

The Satori was good. Dark but subtle. Not as complex as I was looking for. Mellowed out nice in the 2 third and third was great.

I'll let you know about the red later.
[Reply]
DrDubzz 07:48 PM 09-12-2010
I smoked the Zen tonight

I enjoyed it quite a bit. I dunno if I think it's worth 12 bucks, but I'm happy to have tried it.
[Reply]
klipsch 06:32 AM 09-13-2010
I thought that the Zen was really good, but think I was expecting more. The early reviews comparing it to the Daisy Cutter really set my expectations pretty high, and I was anticipating the same flavor profile...which it wasn't. I smoked the Karma the day after the Zen, and compared it to coffee with alot of cream. Very thick, heavy smoke on the pallet through the first two thirds. I probably will only smoke another Satori if it's given to me, based on my current inventory, financial situation and my tastes right now. Great Stick...but I prefer pepper and spice over coffee, chocolate and cream.
[Reply]
perfecto66 04:51 PM 09-27-2010
Hey guys,

First time posting here on the Board. I own Good Karma Cigar, and we still have some of the Satori in stock - Nirvana mostly. Personally, I think the Satori is a very nice cigar that is quite different than all of the Viaje that has preceded it. Good Karma is big on Viaje, Tat, illusione, Camacho, and Don Pepin. Yes, we have the Don Pepin Limited Edition as well, and what a fantastic cigar that is!

I look forward to getting to know you guys. Our website is under construction, so just shoot me an email if I can help you. :-)
[Reply]
muhren 06:15 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by perfecto66:
Hey guys,

First time posting here on the Board. I own Good Karma Cigar, and we still have some of the Satori in stock - Nirvana mostly. Personally, I think the Satori is a very nice cigar that is quite different than all of the Viaje that has preceded it. Good Karma is big on Viaje, Tat, illusione, Camacho, and Don Pepin. Yes, we have the Don Pepin Limited Edition as well, and what a fantastic cigar that is!

I look forward to getting to know you guys. Our website is under construction, so just shoot me an email if I can help you. :-)
I know TD and have done some good business with him in the past. Stand-up guy.

He also happens to have some of my art for sale in his shop if you wanna see it in person...stop by his place in Amarillo!

M
[Reply]
muhren 06:16 PM 09-27-2010
Originally Posted by RX2010:
ooohh I just noticed who you were

yeah he's got your work up in his shop. I recognized it as yours, but couldn't remember your name at the time. rock on man
Didn't see this before! Thanks. :-)
[Reply]
Up