Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 11 of 14
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>Tequila Thread!!!
Frodo 02:23 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by qsalinas:
Was wondering if anyone here was teasted any of what they are calling "Micro Tequilas"?
I'm heading to Mexico soon and was thinking of picking some up.
One thing that came to mind. Generally I think tequila prices are slightly higher in Mexico than the US due to taxes. True, there are a few brands that are not made for export that you can't get outside the country (I believe Don German is one of those) but generally I don't think there will be any great deals to be had relative to what you can get in Texas.

Just a thought...
[Reply]
qsalinas 02:32 PM 03-04-2011
Originally Posted by Frodo:
I would think the Blue Agave forum would be a good place to post this question in addition to here.
Thanks I'll have to check out that forum...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:39 AM 03-17-2011
Here's my newest addition. I am much bigger fan of Mezcal than Tequila. Not sure if this is even sold in USA. This was bought in Mexico.

[Reply]
Frodo 11:41 PM 03-17-2011
ooooh - very nice! Where did you get that if I may ask?
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 05:35 AM 03-18-2011
ooooh - very nice! Where did you get that if I may ask?
This bottle was from the "Tequila shop" on Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo. Most of my Tequila is purchased in Mexico. Can't beat the prices, but hate the plastic pouring spout; one sign the bottle is for domestic market :-)

Specks in Austin is the other place, worth it :-)
[Reply]
Frodo 09:08 AM 03-18-2011
Thanks. I have friends that vacation in Puerta Vallarta but not elsewhere in Mexico.
[Reply]
qsalinas 12:44 PM 03-25-2011
Here's my new babe it's the Siete Leguas D'Antaņo Anejo Tequila-Choice white oak barrels and five long years of aging. :-)
Had my brother-in-law send it to me from Guadalajara Mexico. :-)

[Reply]
spivy 01:08 PM 03-25-2011
Originally Posted by qsalinas:
Here's my new babe it's the Siete Leguas D'Antaņo Anejo Tequila-Choice white oak barrels and five long years of aging. :-)
Had my brother-in-law send it to me from Guadalajara Mexico. :-)

That is some amazing stuff. A buddy just brought me a bottle of Blue Head Anejo Tequila
[Reply]
qsalinas 03:36 PM 03-25-2011
One thing that came to mind. Generally I think tequila prices are slightly higher in Mexico than the US due to taxes. True, there are a few brands that are not made for export that you can't get outside the country (I believe Don German is one of those) but generally I don't think there will be any great deals to be had relative to what you can get in Texas.

Just a thought...
I would agree with that put I was thinking more along the lines of picking up local tequilas that I can't get in the states.
[Reply]
Frodo 06:33 AM 03-28-2011
I had the good fortune to try the D'Antonio a while ago and found it over-oaked for my palate. Would love to revisit as I really liked the Anejo from this line...
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 07:25 AM 03-28-2011
One thing that came to mind. Generally I think tequila prices are slightly higher in Mexico than the US due to taxes.
Slightly? You kidding me??? I get Don Julio Blanco for $18 at the Mexican Naval PX. I'd have to convert my other bottles as they are all in Mexico dollar price tags, but I'd expect any tequila to be at least 30% off.
[Reply]
qsalinas 12:34 PM 03-29-2011
I had the three Kah Tequilas last night and they were all delisious. The Reposado is 110 proof and surprisingly smooth. :-)

[Reply]
gsasics 03:31 AM 04-06-2011
great
[Reply]
qsalinas 08:36 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by montecristo#2:
My small but growing Tequila collection :-)

Man I am so jealous, your collection is amazing brother.:-)
Unfortunately right in the middle of me building up my tequila collection, I started to build up my cigar collection. And the wallet can only handle on at a time. :-)
[Reply]
Christiel49 08:50 AM 04-07-2011
Oh, I am in a "It's complicated" relationship with Tequila!! :-)

My latest make up/break up involved some of the ones pictured below. Some of the last to join were not pictured!!! :-)

All of this went down on the Frozen bar pictured!!! :-)
Attached: 100_3333.jpg (35.8 KB) 100_3350.jpg (33.0 KB) 100_3351.jpg (32.2 KB) 100_3352.jpg (31.2 KB) 
[Reply]
Frodo 01:32 PM 04-07-2011
Man, that 1921 is one of my faves...
[Reply]
hammondc 11:08 AM 07-30-2011
BUMP!!!!! I like my tequilas ok........

Question for you tequila nerds--> What do you suggest for Margaritas. I mean simple clean margaritas. NO MIX DAMMIT. I use fresh lime juice, Patron Citronge (cheaper than Cointreau and tastes the same), and maybe a dash of club soda.

So with that said....what do you suggest for tequila and do you have a killer recipe I should try? I do NOT like spicy tequila. Thats the only catch for me. Usually, I use Silver or Reposado.
[Reply]
montecristo#2 02:41 PM 07-30-2011
For me, I do not use mixes any more either.

Fresh lime juice, agave nectar and tequila. Occasionally I add water depending on what type of agave nectar I buy (pure versus diluted).

I know some people will say I am crazy, but I do like anejo in my margaritas. A margarita with Partida anejo is the way to go.
[Reply]
CigarNut 04:18 PM 07-30-2011
Lime Juice, Soda and Tequila. Plain, simple and refreshing.

I may need to give the Agave Nectar a try though :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 09:00 PM 07-30-2011
Shack Herf will see a lot of tequila shots going down if it's anything like the last couple years. :-)
[Reply]
Page 11 of 14
« First < 91011 1213 > Last »
Up