Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Opus X Rubusto -- Picture Review -- 50 pix
s15driftking 05:38 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by Big Vito:
Xikar work great for me.
i didnt enjoy the Xikar...

Still, i've never used a palio... but this new one i used was excellent!!
[Reply]
ScottishSmoker 08:31 PM 01-05-2009
I have not enjoyed an Opus X since they were good six years ago....I am glad that you liked yours...
[Reply]
Genetic Defect 08:46 PM 01-05-2009
Originally Posted by s15driftking:
i didnt enjoy the Xikar...

Still, i've never used a palio... but this new one i used was excellent!!
thats good to hear
[Reply]
Da Klugs 08:34 AM 01-06-2009
Thats alot of (cool) pictures. :-) Next time can we see each exhale? :-)

Last time I smoked one of these did it with just one ash. Only cigar ever that way. Concrete ash. It had nice flavors. It highlights the conundrum in chatting across the Light side / Dark side divide. There are NC cigars that are real good. Typically, they are more expensive though.
[Reply]
tireiron 08:38 AM 01-06-2009
Good Review. Was the cigar new, or did it have some age? I have smoked a few with 6 -7 years on them, and they haven't been half bad.
[Reply]
s15driftking 10:25 AM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by Da Klugs:
Thats alot of (cool) pictures. :-) Next time can we see each exhale? :-)
your wish is my command.

Originally Posted by :
Last time I smoked one of these did it with just one ash. Only cigar ever that way. Concrete ash. It had nice flavors. It highlights the conundrum in chatting across the Light side / Dark side divide. There are NC cigars that are real good. Typically, they are more expensive though.
Its funny that you mention that. I pulled out an Ashton Maduro the other day and did a photoreview (its on here too) and i was all excited to use my new CAO cubist ashtray... but i didnt need to... every pic of the cigar is with the ash attached... and i just doused it and threw it out when i was done...

BTW, i got that Ashton to stand up straight on its ash...!
[Reply]
goalie204 10:31 AM 01-06-2009
This review could have used some more pictures, i'd have preferred at least 300, but thanks for the review :-)
[Reply]
mrreindeer 10:39 AM 01-06-2009
Everybody's talking about Bob's great pictures...I can't see a damn picture in the entire thread...what the hell Bob?? :-) (at work, no pics for me....sigh)

Another fine review my man. :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:35 PM 01-06-2009
your wish is my command.

Its funny that you mention that. I pulled out an Ashton Maduro the other day and did a photoreview (its on here too) and i was all excited to use my new CAO cubist ashtray... but i didnt need to... every pic of the cigar is with the ash attached... and i just doused it and threw it out when i was done...

BTW, i got that Ashton to stand up straight on its ash...!

Noooooooooooo! :-)

But thank you for your help. 5 pictures per post seems like a reasonable limit. :-)

There are some who still use dial-up and as such will never see posts with a zillion pictures in them given the time to load. Picture links work well though.
[Reply]
mmblz 01:37 PM 01-06-2009
The 50,000 word review!

:-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 01:39 PM 01-06-2009
If you scroll real fast through the pics it's like watching a movie. :-)
[Reply]
Da Klugs 01:43 PM 01-06-2009
2 words...

Dry lips!

No one will ever invite you into a PPP with that kind of slobber style. :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 02:54 PM 01-06-2009
2 words...

Dry lips!

eh, i smoke cigars in the fashion that makes them most enjoyable. And they are. I also dont htink i'm the type of guy that would ever take part in a PPP either.

So i'm A-OK!!!
[Reply]
Da Klugs 02:59 PM 01-06-2009
eh, i smoke cigars in the fashion that makes them most enjoyable. And they are. I also dont htink i'm the type of guy that would ever take part in a PPP either.

So i'm A-OK!!!
Perfectly understandable from your perspective. It's interesting how perspectives change as we evolve our experiences within and around this interesting hobby.

Hope to have the oportunity to re-quote the post above "down the line". :-)
[Reply]
s15driftking 03:06 PM 01-06-2009
Perfectly understandable from your perspective. It's interesting how perspectives change as we evolve our experiences within and around this interesting hobby.

Hope to have the oportunity to re-quote the post above "down the line". :-)
Quite profound from many angles...

your a pretty decent guy Klugs.
[Reply]
landhoney 03:10 PM 01-06-2009
And they are. I also dont htink i'm the type of guy that would ever take part in a PPP either.

So i'm A-OK!!!
It's COMPLETELY disgusting,,,,,,,and I love it. The few people(non-inmates) I've told I participate in such craziness look at me like I've got a third head.
It allows you to smoke cigars that otherwise could not be handed out to everyone, compare a multitude of flavors, compare cigars against cigars (I knew X cigar tasted like Y cigar, etc.) and in a weird way it is some kind of bonding type of thing.
You always remember your first :-). In my case I knew I was going to do it, and when that first cigar came around it was like diving into a pool, you just do it. Thanks to all the brothers and sisters I've had the privilege to Herf and PPP with.
[Reply]
pnoon 03:11 PM 01-06-2009

Wait until you get to know him. That'll change. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 03:13 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by landhoney:
It's COMPLETELY disgusting,,,,,,,and I love it. The few people(non-inmates) I've told I participate in such craziness look at me like I've got a third head.
It allows you to smoke cigars that otherwise could not be handed out to everyone, compare a multitude of flavors, compare cigars against cigars (I knew X cigar tasted like Y cigar, etc.) and in a weird way it is some kind of bonding type of thing.
You always remember your first :-). In my case I knew I was going to do it, and when that first cigar came around it was like diving into a pool, you just do it. Thanks to all the brothers and sisters I've had the privilege to Herf and PPP with.
I don't understand what the issue is (as long as no one slobbers). The same folks who scoff at a PPP think nothing of taking a belt off of a buddies beer or flask.
[Reply]
Da Klugs 03:19 PM 01-06-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
Wait until you get to know him. That'll change. :-)
True dat. s15 Don't come to judgement so easily.

Take the time to get to know folks and many opportunities open up for...

Striking deep into the most secret fears of those you wish to mess with and now possess the knowledge to turn innocent smack talk into truly personally meaningful commentary.

Shhh.. but Peter secretly wants to be able to not read just one of your threads, but its hard, so hard. :-)
[Reply]
Sauer Grapes 03:28 PM 01-06-2009
2 words...

Dry lips!

That's why I make sure and dry my lips with a napkin or if nothing else my shirt sleeve before puff(.com)ing.

So i'm A-OK!!!
I thought the same thing. Besides, cigar smokers are disgusting and why would I want to share a cigar with them. I do usually limited my puff(.com)ing to two rounds per cigar unless it's one I REALLY like.

You have no idea. He jokes a lot, gives pretty much everyone a hard time, but like everyone else on the team of 11 will amaze you by his generosity.

Shhh.. but Peter secretly wants to be able to not read just one of your threads, but its hard, so hard. :-)
Free entertainment is so hard to come by these days!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up