Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 21 of 22
« First < 11192021 22 >
Health and Fitness>My RNY and my New Life
NeuRon 02:15 PM 02-22-2013
pic out of boredom..... i still hate looking at the old me.. ill never get like that ever again... f that!

[Reply]
NeuRon 02:05 PM 03-11-2013
2.52 miles in 30.00 mins; week 1 of 10 of my 29.xx Minute 5k training.. woohoooo
[Reply]
NeuRon 02:34 PM 03-14-2013
today is my 18 month surgery anniversary... i know this thread is dead, but i actually like the fact that this has pretty much been my only online-diary of my journey.. here is a collage. cheers, and thanks for all the help to my botls

[Reply]
14holestogie 02:50 PM 03-14-2013
Amazing, Ron. Congrats on the life change. :-)
[Reply]
NeuRon 05:40 PM 03-16-2013
^ Thank you Tim.. i really appreciate it
[Reply]
NeuRon 05:45 PM 03-16-2013
And fittingly, almost 7 months of maintaining the same weight and being in a holding pattern, i finally got to my super-stretch goal (200lbs lost - a weight of 165lbs) after a long week that involved running (3) 5K's and a morning full of Basketball.. I showed up 1 hour before gametime and did suicide springs and shot jumpers alone.. and then played for a little over 2 hours...

This will be the last post i make in this thread, because this is the last step in my weight loss.. The next chapter will be me living a "normal" life (a term used loosely, lol) But this thread will always be here for me (and everybody) to view and to show that ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE with hard work

it has truly been an honor.. god bless and thank you all...

[Reply]
RobR1205 10:12 AM 09-18-2013
Looking good, Ron. I barely recognize you (in a good way). I'm loving the new ink...where did you end up going?
[Reply]
NeuRon 01:01 PM 09-18-2013
Rob! whats up man.. glad to hear from ya

i went to DarkStar in Toms River.. they are awesome! whats new?
[Reply]
RobR1205 04:50 PM 09-18-2013
O ya know...schools in full swing, so that's been keeping me moderately busy. We should have a Jersey herf sometime...I missed last time, but I would love to meet the crew. Lemme know if something is in the works in the future, I'd love to make it this time around.
[Reply]
NeuRon 07:31 AM 09-19-2013
just hit me up when you are around!!
[Reply]
equetefue 08:03 AM 09-19-2013
congrats !!! amazing work and show of determination. Kudos
[Reply]
NeuRon 09:04 AM 09-19-2013
thank you!
[Reply]
NeuRon 12:32 PM 05-30-2014
update.. figure i would add a new pic, since its been quite some time since i chimed in!.. these are my new stats, been working hard at getting bulked up!. shoulders and chest have grown. my biceps are slow learners, lol...

[Reply]
Stevez 01:22 PM 05-30-2014
Damn Ron. This is unbelievable and congratulations again on such a fantastic achievement. I really needed some inspiration today as I have to make some drastic changes and keep putting it off. I haven't looked through this "album" in quite some time and just went back now. Unreal!! Congratulations again sir and best wishes for continued success.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 01:48 PM 05-30-2014
Congrats to you. I bet you feel fantastic! Well done. :-)
[Reply]
baust55 03:24 PM 05-30-2014
ImageAwesome RON ...about 10 yrs ago I had joint problems and really packed the pounds on I am 5'7" I got up to 287lb 44" waist pants xxxL shirts . I felt horrible . I developed type II diabetes. my Dr. said I was days from death . WAKEUP CALL I started working on changing my eating habits mostly low carb diet . I lost about 80 lb then ganed half back then lost and gained . I decided to get serious and booked an Adventure trip to the Amazon and Andes Mts. I had a year to get in shape for the trip .I started walking to walk several miles every day . I finally lost 100lb .
my weight goes up and down 5lb but I have kept it off . The trip was awesome a week of hiking threw the jungle and another cple weeks visiting Inca ruins ect . I at Pizac climbed from 11,000 ft to 12,400 to visit the sun temple there and hiked from Maccu Pichu to the Sun Gate above the ruins .Not bad for an OLD Guy
Congrats Ron

trying to post a pic of new me .

AUSTIN
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 03:42 PM 05-30-2014
Ron, Congratulations on your "downward" spiral to better health. That is one amazing benchmark you set, and what a difference between the day 1 photo and your current photo weighing in at 188lbs. Focused "healthy" eating habits and exercise routine is what its all about. You have definitely set the bar for all of us here at the Asylum. Good work brother:-)
[Reply]
blugill 04:03 PM 05-30-2014
That's an unbelievable and amazingly inspiring transition Ron!
Great job!
[Reply]
jcarlton 03:55 PM 03-29-2015
Originally Posted by NeuRon:
update.. figure i would add a new pic, since its been quite some time since i chimed in!.. these are my new stats, been working hard at getting bulked up!. shoulders and chest have grown. my biceps are slow learners, lol...

Hi I'm Jamie and I will be having the surgery very soon. Did you have to give up cigars? Doc is telling me I will never be able to have them again.
[Reply]
NeuRon 12:34 PM 05-02-2015
Originally Posted by jcarlton:
Hi I'm Jamie and I will be having the surgery very soon. Did you have to give up cigars? Doc is telling me I will never be able to have them again.
hi Jamie.. they told me the same thing.. then again, they are supposed to tell everyone that smoking is a bad thing.. i dont smoke too often anymore, but that is a personal choice of mine,a s i try to participate in a healthy lifestyle overall
[Reply]
Page 21 of 22
« First < 11192021 22 >
Up