Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Insurance and damaged cigars via usps
forgop 05:36 PM 04-19-2023
Has anyone ever filed a claim for damaged cigars? I pack my cabs so you have to push on the bubble wrap to close the lid, yet 2/3 had damaged feet. Some are minor but it's still the point of paying for insurance and feeling like I should compensate the buyer and it should be covered by insurance. TIA for how this played out for anyone that has done this in the past.
[Reply]
MaytagMan 10:25 PM 04-19-2023
I have not, but I'm interested to hear how this worked out for people too. I'd never really thought about it before.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:17 AM 04-20-2023
So Duane, would you be filing the claim with USPS (or your carrier), or a personal policy?

I would think if it's the former, you'd be SOL except for their standard minimum payout at best. And even that's a big PITA and a big "if" from what I understand.
[Reply]
forgop 08:31 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by icehog3:
So Duane, would you be filing the claim with USPS (or your carrier), or a personal policy?

I would think if it's the former, you'd be SOL except for their standard minimum payout at best. And even that's a big PITA and a big "if" from what I understand.

Claim against USPS.
[Reply]
icehog3 10:34 AM 04-20-2023
Originally Posted by forgop:
Claim against USPS.
If you didn't purchase the supplementary insurance, $50 is their maximum liability .... and even that's a b*tch to collect.
[Reply]
Weelok 11:04 AM 04-20-2023
I had a different side to your problem which was USPS lost my order from Atlantic. In that case, I called Atlantic and they advised to let them file the claim as they had direct inside support.

Now, I put tracking on the package for a year and it’s still missing :-) shocking.

Onto your issue, what Icehog said. Good luck.
[Reply]
markem 11:21 AM 04-20-2023
https://www.usps.com/help/claims.htm
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 10:34 AM 04-24-2023
Good luck! USPS is more likely to pay than UPS.
[Reply]
longknocker 05:06 PM 04-24-2023
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol:
Good luck! USPS is more likely to pay than UPS.
I Had A Custom Humidor Completely Broken In Shipment & UPS Paid The Entire Amount It Was Insured For. Maybe Others Have Had Problems With UPS???
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 11:27 AM 04-25-2023
Originally Posted by longknocker:
I Had A Custom Humidor Completely Broken In Shipment & UPS Paid The Entire Amount It Was Insured For. Maybe Others Have Had Problems With UPS???
Had UPS stole some wine from me. They said it broke in shipment, but no signs of wine stains. Sender refunded me rather than confronting the truth with UPS.
[Reply]
icehog3 07:31 AM 04-26-2023
USPS delivered a "bomb" to the wrong address. They didn't even make good on the $50 basic insurance that's supposed to be included with Priority Mail. Others may have had better experience, but don't put any blind trust is USPS "insurance". :-)
[Reply]
Up