Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Don Pepin Garcia series JJ maduro robusto
Don Fernando 05:52 PM 09-24-2010
These Don Pepin Garcia series JJ maduro are limited produced at the El Rey Del Mundo factory in Miami and contain Nicaraguan corojo and criollo tobacco with a broadleaf maduro wrapper and is one of the very few maduro wrapped cigars that Don Pepin Garcia produces. I had this cigar in my humidor for at least a year, some bloom was starting for form at the top of this 5 x 50 robusto.

Once I release the cigar from its cellophane jacket I smell a strong but little sour barnyard aroma. The wrapper is dark, oily and has quite a few veins. I like the beige band and the fact that all the bands from the Don Pepin Garcia lines are the same, but with different colors. The cigar has the Don Pepin Garcia signature triple cap. The construction feels good, the predraw gives the right amount of resistance and I taste some pepper.

I taste a mildly bitter coffee flavor, which is strong and powerful, spicy and peppery. The bitterness disappears rightaway. After an inch I taste herbs, spicy and peppery and a hint of wood and chocolate. The aftertaste is black pepper. The coffee has gone.

Halfway you can add an earthy flavor to the spices, herbs, peppers, wood and chocolate. Near the end all I taste are pepper and herbs, but mainly pepper, especially in the aftertaste.

This robusto lasted me for 75 minutes and I got a lot of smoke during that time. The draw of this full flavored, full bodied cigar, is good, just like the burn. The as is light gray and firm, but later it turns to a dark ash. I got a reasonable flame while purging.

Would I buy this cigar again? Without a doubt

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 8 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 8 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:54 PM 09-24-2010
Great review of a great stick Ferdie!! I LOVE these!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
gijoey959 05:56 PM 09-24-2010
Nice review once again! I've been meaning to try this, its one of the few maduros at my B&M that I haven't tried
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:29 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by gijoey959:
Nice review once again! I've been meaning to try this, its one of the few maduros at my B&M that I haven't tried
you should get one next time you're at your B&M
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:30 PM 09-24-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
you should get one next time you're at your B&M
:-) TONIGHT!!! :-)
[Reply]
tenbaseg 06:31 PM 09-24-2010
Great smoke. Classic maduro.

Thanks for the review.
[Reply]
Up