Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arganese ML3 robusto
Don Fernando 07:33 AM 09-18-2010
The final review of the 6 Arganese robusto sampler series is the ML3, a 5x50 cellophane wrapped robusto made with a first generation Cuban seed corojo and a Brazilian maduro wrapper.

The wrapper is rough and dark, oily and bumpy with lots of veins. You won't buy this cigar just based on its look. The smell is quite unique, I smell pepper and chocolate. The construction feels good and I taste raisin and some pepper in the fine predraw.

I taste a bitter coffee with an earthy flavor and a peppery aftertaste. I also taste a hint of chocolate. The bitterness disappears quickly.

After an inch I taste a herbal spiciness with the earth flavor. The flavors taste a little burned. The feeling in my mouth is quite dry. From halfway on, all I taste is a mild spicy herbal flavor.

This cigar took me an hour and fifteen minutes to smoke. The light gray ash is frayed. I got a decent amount of medium thick smoke. I had to correct the burn a few times. The draw was good. This cigar is medium flavored and medium bodied. I got a big flame when I purged the cigar.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, I'll just stick to the regular maduro.

Appearance: 6 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 7 / 10
Aroma first part: 6 / 10
Aroma second part: 6 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:48 AM 09-18-2010
Nice review Ferdie. I really dig these!! And a box can be had for around $ 35.
[Reply]
Up