Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arganese CL3 robusto
Don Fernando 04:41 AM 09-17-2010
This is the fifth Arganese robusto review in a row and from what I read on the Arganese website, this is the strongest of them all. 100% first generation Cuban seed corojo should result in a flavorful smoke with a kick. Like all other Arganese robustos, this is a cellophane wrapped 5x50 cigar.

The band is flashy and colorful. The wrapper is medium brown, mild oily and has some veins but not too bad. The construction feels good and I smell a sour woodsmell. The predraw is good, a bit on the hard side but nothing to complain about. I get some spices on my tongue.

I taste a sour and spicy coffee, mild bitter and not very enjoyable. The sour flavor disappears after an inch while the bitterness loses some of its power. The coffee turns into a herbal flavor. After two inch I also taste some wood and the bitterness has gone.

Halfway I taste some chocolate with the herbs, but the chocolate disappears soon so the palate is back to wood and herbs again. The cigar slowly gets more herbal and spicy, I even taste some cinnamon.

This cigar lasted me for an hour and forty minutes. The draw is good and I got a lot of thick smoke. The light gray ash is firm. I had to correct the burn a few times. This cigar is full flavored and medium to full bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? No, this cigar doesn't have it.

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 7 / 10
Burn: 6 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 5 / 10
Aroma second part: 7 / 10
Aroma third part: 6 / 10
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:07 AM 09-17-2010
Dang Ferdi!!!

I thought I was a Arganese Ho!!!

You, my friend have been on a binge!!!

Agreed on the CL3!!!:-)

Thanks for another Arganese review!!!
:-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 09:51 AM 09-17-2010
Arganese gave me a 6 robusto sampler (pics of the sampler on my blog, not allowed to post more than 5 pics here on CA), that's why I reviewed so many Arganese the last few days. Tomorrow I'll post a review of the ML3
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:05 PM 09-17-2010
Nice review brother!! Spot on!!! While I really enjoy the ML3, these suck!!! :-)
[Reply]
Up