Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Arganese maduro robusto
Don Fernando 10:23 AM 09-13-2010
I smoked two Arganese Maduro's before, the corona and the figurado and I liked both of them, so I was looking forward to this 5x50 maduro robusto too. The wrapper is a Brazilian Matafina and the binder and filler are from the Dominican Republic, part of the filler is Cuban seed.

The Brazilian wrapper is nice and light oily with a few thick veins. The construction feels good and the predraw, which tasted like peppery raisin, is good. The cigar has a simple white band.

I taste a mildly bitter coffee with the sweetness you can expect from a Brazilian maduro wrapper. After a few puffs the bitterness disappears and instead I get some pepper on my tongue and a roasted nut flavor. The pepper and the roasted nut disappears after an inch and a half, I taste coffee and sweet chocolate.

Little over halfway I taste toast, chocolate, a herbal spice and even some mint. The cigar slowly gets spicier towards the end.

I enjoyed this cigar for an hour and twenty minutes and I got a lot of smoke during that time. The draw is good, just like the burn. When I tried to remove the band I damaged the wrapper as the band was glued to the wrapper. The dark as is dense and firm. This cigar is full flavored and medium bodied.

Would I buy this cigar again? Yes I will

Appearance: 7 / 10
Construction: 7 / 10
Draw: 8 / 10
Burn: 7 / 10
Smoke & ash: 8 / 10
Aroma first part: 7 / 10
Aroma second part: 8 / 10
Aroma third part: 7 / 10
[Reply]
sikk50 01:08 PM 09-13-2010
They age quite nicely too. MOBD will tell you all about it
[Reply]
HK3- 01:16 PM 09-13-2010
Thanks for the review Ferdinand. Looks and sounds like a great stick.
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:24 PM 09-13-2010
Another fine review Ferdie. I enjoy these as well...thanks to Skywalker!! :-)
[Reply]
Skywalker 02:40 PM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
They age quite nicely too. MOBD will tell you all about it
Ferdi, That would have been my review!!!:-)

However, I thought I would corner the market on these before I posted my review!!!:-)

What can I say? These cigars have made me the laughing stock of this board, and more specifically the BABOTL!
:-)

Remember, Smoke what you like and like what you smoke... Just don't say you like these cigars if you don't have tough skin!!!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 02:56 PM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by Skywalker:
What can I say? These cigars have made me the laughing stock of this board, and more specifically the BABOTL!:-)

Remember, Smoke what you like and like what you smoke... Just don't say you like these cigars if you don't have tough skin!!!:-)
That's more for us Darrell!! :-)
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:57 PM 09-13-2010
Ferdi, That would have been my review!!!:-)

However, I thought I would corner the market on these before I posted my review!!!:-)

What can I say? These cigars have made me the laughing stock of this board, and more specifically the BABOTL!

hey, I've been positive about Arganese maduro cigars before, check my older reviews :-)

There will be more Arganese reviews in the next few days, and I can reveal that the Maduro is their best stick.
[Reply]
Skywalker 10:30 PM 09-13-2010
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
hey, I've been positive about Arganese maduro cigars before, check my older reviews :-)

There will be more Arganese reviews in the next few days, and I can reveal that the Maduro is their best stick.
They'll never take our FREEDOM!!!
[Reply]
Kreth 01:13 AM 09-14-2010
They'll never take our FREEDOM!!!
One of my all-time favorite movies, even if it is about as historically accurate as LOTR. :-)
So how do these compare to the ML3? I thought that was a pretty tasty stick.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
T.G 01:45 AM 09-14-2010

What makes you think it was the cigars?
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:09 AM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by Kreth:
So how do these compare to the ML3? I thought that was a pretty tasty stick.
Posted via Mobile Device
I liked this maduro much better
[Reply]
STEVE S 06:54 AM 09-14-2010
Thank you for this nice review, i'll have try one!
[Reply]
borndead1 02:56 PM 09-14-2010
Wow...I've avoided this whole line due to customer reviews on Famous' website. Guess I will snag a 5 pack and form my own opinion.
[Reply]
Montano 04:49 PM 09-14-2010
Nice :-)
[Reply]
dwoodward 04:57 PM 09-14-2010
Wish I would have seen this review earlier... they were selling boxes on CI during the last Jambalaya for like $40 a box.
[Reply]
sikk50 06:04 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
What makes you think it was the cigars?
[Reply]
Skywalker 08:14 PM 09-14-2010
Originally Posted by sikk50:
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
Up