Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Viaje TNT
bigdix 04:21 AM 09-06-2010
This stick was gifted to me by bigliver.
The construction was great, covered foot, a nice little 2 to 3 inch "fuse" on the cap...few notable veins to speak of. I enjoyed this stick on my back porch with a couple of Guiness.

Prelight: Not too great at this, but it tasted a little spicy, almost a bit floral...couldn't wait to light it!

First 1/3: Holy crap this thing makes a LOT of smoke....tasty, sharp smoke with lots of subtle nuances...peppery, woody, with a little sweet finish.

Second 1/3: All those "sharp" tasting nuances began to melt together a bit now, the cigar almost has a bit of creaminess blending the flavors a bit more. Paired wonderfully with the creamy Guiness I was drinking.

Final 1/3: Still great...FAR more concentrated flavors and the spiciness is a little more at the forefront now. I had a HARD time putting this stick down...delicious. I liked it a little better than the Summerfest, but maybe this is just what I wanted tonight.

Would I buy this stick?? Sure, if I could find one...if you have some, smoke them! I'm a big proponent of the whole "I've smoked one vs. I have one" mentality. Hopefully if you don't have one, a fine BOTL will make sure one finds its way to you!!
Happy smoking, brothers!! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:23 AM 09-06-2010
Awesome Review & Pics, Dan!:-):-)
[Reply]
bigdix 04:26 AM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by longknocker:
Awesome Review & Pics, Dan!:-):-)
Gracias, Greg. I think the Pork Tenderloin might be next on the chopping block! :-)
[Reply]
longknocker 04:37 AM 09-06-2010
Originally Posted by bigdix:
Gracias, Greg. I think the Pork Tenderloin might be next on the chopping block! :-)
You'll Love It!:-) Let Me Know How It Compares!:-)
[Reply]
bigdix 07:10 AM 09-06-2010
Can't wait to smoke it.
[Reply]
kelmac07 07:13 AM 09-06-2010
Great review...thanks for sharing. While I agree that this was better than the Summerfest...I expected more spice from this one. I mean it is called TNT!!! :-)
[Reply]
bigliver 06:41 AM 09-13-2010
These are tasty. Good review; thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
Powers 08:32 AM 09-13-2010
Thanks for the review!
[Reply]
Chingas 08:39 AM 09-13-2010
Thanks for the great review. I loved how the Guiness matched in thirds with the TNT!
[Reply]
Up